All grown up and outside! (*PICS*)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by USMCwifey, May 24, 2011.

1. USMCwifey

USMCwifey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    WNY
    Well, my little ducklings are all grown up and finally outside! [​IMG] As much as I loved when they were little fluff balls, they are SO happy to be outside and exploring. [​IMG] They LOVE their new home that my hubby built for them. Couldn't ask for a better life if ya ask me. Now they just gotta get over their fear of the pond in the back yard. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Very cute! and I love the pond!

Please thank your husband for his service for me, and a thank you for the sacrifices you had to make for his service also.

3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    aw, love the picture of them all in the little wading pool! what a great duck house, your husband did a fantastic job.

4. USMCwifey

Apr 11, 2011
    WNY
    Rte.66_chicks :

Very cute! and I love the pond!

Please thank your husband for his service for me, and a thank you for the sacrifices you had to make for his service also.

Thanks, I will! [​IMG]

5. USMCwifey

Apr 11, 2011
    WNY
    Quote:He sure did! Most of the material was scraps left over in the barns, I think we only bought a piece of plywood and some hinges and locks. I need to paint it, but I couldn't wait any longer. Hehehe... [​IMG]

6. DurhamDuck

DurhamDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, Connecticut
    What cuties they are!! Love all the photos!! To get them used to the pond why not toss a few peas or their favorite treat in the pond and along the edges??

7. babalubird

babalubird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Darling pics. My little khakis, all 6, stuff themselves in a horse dish filled w/water right now. Can't wait to get the coop finished so they can have a swimming pool too.

8. Bnemeth

Bnemeth Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    Very cute!

9. neverbdone

neverbdone Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2008
    Lake Isabella, CA
    Aww, they are beautiful and your pond is too.

10. USMCwifey

Apr 11, 2011
    WNY
    Quote:I tried that and they still won't get in. LoL, I built them a little ramp and everything to get in and out! My husband and I tried rounding them into it, no go. We also tried throwing the "leader" duck in hoping the others would follow... again no go! I'm gonna keep bringing them back everyday and hopefully they'll catch on someday. [​IMG]

On the other note I must say my duckys are very well behaved! They will follow me where ever I want them to and than they will go right into their coop when we're done taking field trips. such goody little quackers. [​IMG] I think everyone should own a duck or 2 or 6! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by