All hens?

Those two are Rhode Island Reds
Wait.. :(. When I bought them at the stock shop they said they were Easter eggers. I specifically got 2 of them so my kids could have fun with the egg color! Now I feel crazy.. I just googled pics and you are totally right! They are beautiful and I really like them but I was really looking forward to colored eggs!!

Stock shop? Like a farm supply, like Tractor Supply Company? TSC is notorious for not knowing breeds or genders. Somewhere on this site is a thread just about that phenomenon. That’s why I get my pullets from a local hatchery. It’s just a family’s homestead but they raise heritage chickens. Google to find one near you.

Wait.. :(. When I bought them at the stock shop they said they were Easter eggers. I specifically got 2 of them so my kids could have fun with the egg color! Now I feel crazy.. I just googled pics and you are totally right! They are beautiful and I really like them but I was really looking forward to colored eggs!!

Sorry that you were misinformed. Your going to have an all brown egg basket from these girls.

Do some looking around. Easter Eggers are very common and generally easy to find. Maybe you can swap your two red girls for a couple Easter Egger girls.

Stock shop? Like a farm supply, like Tractor Supply Company? TSC is notorious for not knowing breeds or genders. Somewhere on this site is a thread just about that phenomenon. That’s why I get my pullets from a local hatchery. It’s just a family’s homestead but they raise heritage chickens. Google to find one near you.
I’m dying to go to that place. But I have enough for now. I wish I knew about that place before. But for the future I know where to get my future flock. Thanks for sharing @Cryss

I’m dying to go to that place. But I have enough for now. I wish I knew about that place before. But for the future I know where to get my future flock. Thanks for sharing @Cryss
Just saw where you are located. Yes! My breeder just hatched some Easter Eggers! Call him to reserve and pay for some. Pick them up in about 6 weeks when they are acclimated. He’ll call when they are able to be outdoors. There is a charge for raising them but it’s worth it considering feed and labor. You aren’t as close to them as me but it’s not that far from you.
If you do call make sure you say hi from Crystal Cahill!
Here’s the website, look at his available chicks! https://vr-homestead.business.site/

Just saw where you are located. Yes! My breeder just hatched some Easter Eggers! Call him to reserve and pay for some. Pick them up in about 6 weeks when they are acclimated. He’ll call when they are able to be outdoors. There is a charge for raising them but it’s worth it considering feed and labor. You aren’t as close to them as me but it’s not that far from you.
If you do call make sure you say hi from Crystal Cahill!
Here’s the website, look at his available chicks! https://vr-homestead.business.site/
Thanks! I googled the address and it’s about 45 minutes drive. I have gone even farther for my babies

Back
Top Bottom