All hens?

You'll probably want to take some time to integrate the young birds with your older girls, and it might be a good idea to quarantine the young ones for a time. You'll have to ask someone more knowledgeable than me about time and distance for effective quarantining. Maybe @aart, @Wyorp Rock or @Eggcessive?
Thanks. I have done it. Pain in the neck but with patience it can be done. I made the mistake to trust a feed store and bought days old chicks for my broody bantam and they brought some respiratory diseases so right now I have a close flock. Nothing in nothing out policy. I would love some cool breed but it wouldn’t be fair for them to be brought to my flock. Lesson learned the hard way. I thought that since they were babies it was safe. :oops: :rant:hit

Thanks. I have done it. Pain in the neck but with patience it can be done. I made the mistake to trust a feed store and bought days old chicks for my broody bantam and they brought some respiratory diseases so right now I have a close flock. Nothing in nothing out policy. I would love some cool breed but it wouldn’t be fair for them to be brought to my flock. Lesson learned the hard way. I thought that since they were babies it was safe. :oops: :rant:hit

So sorry to hear that. I have been fortunate in my ignorance but now that I know better I will never do it again. Thank you, BYC!

Sorry that you were misinformed. Your going to have an all brown egg basket from these girls.

Do some looking around. Easter Eggers are very common and generally easy to find. Maybe you can swap your two red girls for a couple Easter Egger girls.
Maybe in the future, I do really like my red girls, they are great with the kids!

Back
Top Bottom