all hens?

I would choose the one that is most easy going and tolerant of people. If a young rooster is puffing himself out around you, it is an early sign that things will escalate. Also, if one or two are constantly fighting each other they would need to go. Nonstop fighting will only stress every out.

No one has ever puffed uo at me yet. The two that do that to each other haven't fought yet just staring. They usually part ways pretty quick and peacefully. However I know it won't stay that way older they get. So you would recommend the one who stays out of it?

No one has ever puffed uo at me yet. The two that do that to each other haven't fought yet just staring. They usually part ways pretty quick and peacefully. However I know it won't stay that way older they get. So you would recommend the one who stays out of it?
I've read on BYC that many people have multiple roosters in their flocks that get along just fine, maybe an occasional squabble but all and all they do fine. Are you in a position to keep them all if they are getting along? If so, I'd keep them until they prove to me they can't be in the same flock. However, being new to chicken raising I could be inadvertently offering some bad advice too. Best of luck to you.
smile.png

If they all got along yep I'd sure keep em. As I know they will be handsome roos. We would like to make our own new flocks too. No one has crowed at all yet. And they also hear a roo down the road crow all day lol. They run to me sit on me and they pair up at night. One light one and one dark one.

Last edited:
If they all got along yep I'd sure keep em. As I know they will be handsome roos. We would like to make our own new flocks too. No one has crowed at all yet. And they also hear a roo down the road crow all day lol. They run to me sit on me and they pair up at night. One light one and one dark one.
thumbsup.gif
That's one of my favorite things so far with our chicks. I love it when they run to me and walk around with me, it's too darn cute! Of course I know it's probably because they are wanting food but in my world it's because they love their mommy. LOL

I have a bunch of roosters, two sebrights, a grey Japanese, an easter egger and an old English game. Not too mention my 4 juvenile sebright cockerels and two sebright mix cockerels. And about 5 "packing peanut" roos. All the older ones get along they each have their "special" girls and mostly stick with them. I haven't had any fighting just crowing at each other. The sebrights have 2 girls each, the easter egger has his 5 Cochin's, the Japanese has 4 girls and the old English has one girl that he's really close with. They stay together all the time and snuggle at night. Everyone thus far is happy with what they have .

So a little update. Lol 1 of my 3 roos are crowing.3 that were supposed to be pullets.6 all together. So never trust sexed barred rock pullets from orchlens. Cause 50% wrong is bad. Lol however I love them and I am hooked on always having chickens. They are happy and has been no fighting thus far (fingers crossed). Also thank you all who posted.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom