All I can do is shake my head and watch the show

Pekins Rock

In the Brooder
Jul 31, 2023
Not sure if anyone else has had this but four out of my five ducks are starting to get hormonal. One starts bowing and lays her whole body straight on the floor then another duck wants to be submissive so she starts doing the same floor laying thing and then its becomes this syncronized mess of one's neck laying on top of someone's neck so they kind of look like a bunch of pick-up-stick necks. The fith one isn't hormonal quite yet and once to be boss so she starts climbing on everyone. Then the squacking starts cuz they all think the fith duck is going to mate with them which obiously isn't going to happen. I try to push her off if I see it happen. I want to give them all cold showers but they are water fowl, so they would probably like it. three are now laying eggs. Millie just got her freckles yesterday. They were all nice and clean but not anymore cuz Dotty had to walk on everyone being submissive. so, now their backs are all muddy.

Plus, my own 12 yr. old daughter is hormonal. What a show!!!

I have 12 various breeds all female ducks and they play surfboard games whenever there’s water in the pool. That’s just how are ducks are, lol . Several years ago when I tried to keep a Drake with them my daughter was younger and she would get extremely upset running out in the yard and screaming at them all every time she saw him try to mate one. That’s when I decided not to keep drakes anymore., but the games continue… My daughter is grown up and moved away now, so no more yelling.

I have 12 various breeds all female ducks and they play surfboard games whenever there’s water in the pool. That’s just how are ducks are, lol . Several years ago when I tried to keep a Drake with them my daughter was younger and she would get extremely upset running out in the yard and screaming at them all every time she saw him try to mate one. That’s when I decided not to keep drakes anymore., but the games continue… My daughter is grown up and moved away now, so no more yelling.
I live in town and they had all just had water time. They were all nice and pretty white since they are pekins. It was getting dark so I wanted to bring them in so wild animals wouldn't get them. They were all inside and then all that submissive stuff started. My daughter started yelling about something upstairs, (which everything is a crisis and over exaggerated because of hormones. ) I went to deal with that and came back out and Dotty was walking on everyone's backs getting them all muddy. I just kind of tapped her off. She kind of gets upset when a duck lays an egg. Millie will lay her egg in a certain place everytime, and when I go to check for her egg Dotty has to always point it out. It's kind of like "This came out of that duck...what is this,,,get rid of this....I don't think it belongs here." all while she is head nodding up and down like the egg is getting the third degree. She almost resembles a point Setter type of pointing dog but a duck letting me know where the egg is.

I live in town and they had all just had water time. They were all nice and pretty white since they are pekins. It was getting dark so I wanted to bring them in so wild animals wouldn't get them. They were all inside and then all that submissive stuff started. My daughter started yelling about something upstairs, (which everything is a crisis and over exaggerated because of hormones. ) I went to deal with that and came back out and Dotty was walking on everyone's backs getting them all muddy. I just kind of tapped her off. She kind of gets upset when a duck lays an egg. Millie will lay her egg in a certain place everytime, and when I go to check for her egg Dotty has to always point it out. It's kind of like "This came out of that duck...what is this,,,get rid of this....I don't think it belongs here." all while she is head nodding up and down like the egg is getting the third degree. She almost resembles a point Setter type of pointing dog but a duck letting me know where the egg is.
ducks are so funny!

Back
Top Bottom