All I want for Christmas....

Ok, so I candled my Marans eggs yesterday and only one egg is not developing!!! WOW! That is amazing for shipped eggs, I'm very excited. But also wondering what I'm going to do with so many chickens....

I set the grocery store eggs on the day before Thanksgiving, so I'll candle them tonight too and see if they're doing anything.
Congrats!! I am going to candle mine Monday (second candling)...it looked like I have 17 or so developing at the first candling, so I'm doing ok so far for Serama eggs :) But yeah, your eggs are doing wonderfully!

How are everyone's eggs doing?

Sadly, my grocery store eggs ran into an unexpected problem: the shells are super thin. They are developing hairline fractures and dents just from tapping other eggs, or turning. It's kind of discouraging, but I'll let them go until they smell bad, see what happens.

The Marans are on fire though! I think they'll hatch early. I can't see anything inside the eggs anymore.

Mine are doing well...I'll be doing a day-10 candling tomorrow night, so will have a for sure count of who is still dancing in there. Right now it looks like about 16 or 17 out of 35, which is not bad at all for mostly shipped Serama eggs :D

I got biddies early this year so for Christmas I'm hoping for a baby bearded dragon I lost my rescued dragon on Halloween so now after getting a dragon someone else had neglected to the point of a bone disease and having to fix all the other damages they did and still not being able to fix all they did I want to raise my own and though that would never replace my Kimba it's a start

I got biddies early this year so for Christmas I'm hoping for a baby bearded dragon I lost my rescued dragon on Halloween so now after getting a dragon someone else had neglected to the point of a bone disease and having to fix all the other damages they did and still not being able to fix all they did I want to raise my own and though that would never replace my Kimba it's a start
I hope you get what you want for Xmas! I love bearded dragons, they're very stately looking.

And congrats Aschenfire! That is a really good success rate! I still think I have one Marans egg not developing, but all the others are going strong. I can't see inside most of their eggs at all anymore. I did get a whiff of rotten-egg smell from the incubator this morning, but it hasn't gotten bad enough yet that I can pinpoint the egg. I'm going to sniff em all again tonight to pinpoint which one is the culprit.

gorgeous rooster
droolin.gif

I just set 30 shipped Serama eggs (from Castle Delight Seramas) and 4 Serama eggs from my newly-laying pair (Black pullet, Exchequer cockerel)
They were set yesterday, so they should be due on December 7th! Very excited..and hope Santa comes early to make sure most of these hatch well, and end up pullets. That is my Christmas wish LOL!

My pair that I am getting eggs from (I have another pair who hatched on the same day, but she's not laying just yet) They are just under 20 weeks old, so they are a long way from what they'll look like as mature birds, but I hope they give me super pretty babies :D

Yes I agree this is not good business, I have a friend who used to work for usps and he said packages labeled fragile would get thrown from one side of the room to the other sometimes just for fun. I still want mine labeled, that way I have done my part.
You'd think they'd be super customer-service oriented with how much business is hemmoraging to FedEx.

Unfortunately I think I had at least one detached air cell, but Marans eggs are so dark that it's hard to say. I've been trying very hard to not be crazy and candle my eggs yet until day 5, but I might give in and do it tonight :p. We'll see if I can even peek inside those dark eggs.

gorgeous rooster
droolin.gif

I just set 30 shipped Serama eggs (from Castle Delight Seramas) and 4 Serama eggs from my newly-laying pair (Black pullet, Exchequer cockerel)
They were set yesterday, so they should be due on December 7th! Very excited..and hope Santa comes early to make sure most of these hatch well, and end up pullets. That is my Christmas wish LOL!

My pair that I am getting eggs from (I have another pair who hatched on the same day, but she's not laying just yet) They are just under 20 weeks old, so they are a long way from what they'll look like as mature birds, but I hope they give me super pretty babies :D

Back
Top Bottom