All I wanted was chickens!!!!!

You know, it's not often that I'm lost for words.....I'm just grinning and shaking my head!!!

Congratulations....and you better act happy to the wife, REGARDLESS how shocked you are.

If it's a girl you can name her "Surprise"

If it's a boy you can name him "Accident Lee"

Congrats from a fellow with SEVEN of his own. 6 boys and a little girl. I was 45 and DW was 43 when she was born.
When folks ask how many children I have, I tell them "One and a half dozen."

When I take my little girl to McDonalds to eat and play in their indoor playground, I've had folks say, "Ah that's nice that you bring your granddaughter to play here".

Again, Congratulations! The little one will keep you young and they can help feed the chickens and gather the eggs.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just a side note story... in the little hometown where I grew up, a 50 yr old woman went into the doctor and asked, "Doc, how long do I have to live?" He asked her why she thought she was going to die and she said she knew that she had a fast growing tumor in her female parts.

He looked her over, pulled some equipment in and advised her that she was pregnant.
She gave birth to twin boys and lived to see them give her grandchildren. Their oldest sibling was 15 years old at the time.

We never know what God has in store for us.

Wow. Kids are a blessing, no matter what.

That said, I'm glad we're in the "grandparents" stage. It's SO much easier to give them all your energy, then give them back to Mommy & Daddy.

Best of luck! Here's hoping for a perfectly healthy baby.

OMG, congrats!!!! Just tell your twelve year old that it was all in an effort to embarass him. Everyone knows kids that age don't want anyone to know they have parents, but to have parents and have evidence that they are "active" must be completely mortifying.

Congrats!!!!

Congratulations on your blessing!!!

My old is 21 yrs old and my baby is 2. Welcome to the party, Papa!
clap.gif

big_smile.png
SURPRISE!! LOL Awe man, if I were your wife, I would have wrapped up baby bottles and booties for a Christmas present for you and stuck them under the tree! HA HA HA!
tongue.png

Congratulations to you both
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
my mom has 2 nephews who are several years older than her. Her oldest sister is several years younger than my dads mother. Everything happens for a reason. I would love another child but I cant. Congratulations to you.

Cute story, my kids are nearly 12 years apart. My older son (17) was at his girlfriends and her mom was babysitting a baby cousin. THey had to do something in the other room so my son was "watching" the baby. They thought she was too quiet so they came out and were surprised to see him feeding her a bottle and holding her. He reminded them he did have a little brother.
tongue.png

yeah! baby! woo hooo!

my husband's brother is 16 years younger than him. his parents were shocked out of their gourds. it was hard, but there were older sib's to help.

congratulations and best wishes. blessings for an 'uneventful' pregnancy and delivery.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom