All kinds of surprises!

Bettacreek

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Central Pennsyltucky
Well, today I had a hatch date, but accidentally left them in the incubator thanks to all of the stress lately. So, I lost several chicks (stuck in the autoturner), however, I did get three button chicks, two are ivories, one's a slate.

The big surprise however, is from the coturnix chicks. I thought I was getting all tibetans and tuxes from them. In the brooder, I now have a very well marked tuxedo, some more tibetans (or maybe browns, didn't get a good chance to really check them out) and... drumroll please... reds! Actually, I'm not sure if they're reds or golden reds, but, still, I'm rather excited!

We injured a keet today the same way ours were not due to start till Monday, can't fiq. it out keets hatching early and quail taking 3-4 days longer...
WAD

BETTA!! That is AWESOME NEWS!!!

Heres a comparision for you!:::

1-7.jpg

right near my palm is a normal brown next to a red golden

below on the left with the yellow eyebrows is a red tuxedo, and a red
smile.png

Quote:
well just remember a true red can easily produce red tux for you (as all red tux is is a true red crossed with an A & M). So even if you get solid reds, just breed them to an A & M and you're in!
smile.png

Quote:
well just remember a true red can easily produce red tux for you (as all red tux is is a true red crossed with an A & M). So even if you get solid reds, just breed them to an A & M and you're in!
smile.png

Just good luck on finding the true reds!! I got lucky with mine
big_smile.png

There is no one in the Phoenix area that I'm aware of that has them. My best bet is ordering some eggs from some of you all once you start selling hatching eggs from them. If breeding reds to reds, will you get all reds, or some reds and some....?

Quote:
Niki thinks that the true red coloring is a sex-linked trait. I don't know what the sex of mine are yet, but everyone else that she knows that has true reds has only females. So I couldn't tell you on that
smile.png

Quote:
that is AWESOME! congratulations!!!!

As for the question of breeding red to red that was asked, WELL if im wrong in my guess that the reds are sex-linked, then a red to a red in theroy should produce MORE reds
smile.png
(just like a tibetan to a tibetan produces tibetans). The pattern (tibetan) is the same as the true reds pattern just an extreme difference in color
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom