All My Chickens..... a coop opera!

Pics
Okay... I don’t know if this hatch is gonna go well.. she has broken three of the eggs! And she is just fine to go back to any nest and sit... doesn’t need eggs🤦‍♀️.... I had to let her out of her section that I put her in cuz I had to clean the nest🤢... and when I put her back in her section she pretty much stomped on the eggs😩... with her big ole buff Orpington butt!

I hope you had a great day. I was on the computer all day today for work. No fun.
So not a great day for you I guess! Mine was very nice... I hope you get a chance to catch up on here... I quoted you awhile back.. but can’t remember for what 😄
I don’t know if I’ll ever catch up on yours... there are so many people now that it’s hard to follow😕

So not a great day for you I guess! Mine was very nice... I hope you get a chance to catch up on here... I quoted you awhile back.. but can’t remember for what 😄
I don’t know if I’ll ever catch up on yours... there are so many people now that it’s hard to follow😕
I thought I was up to date here. What did I miss?

🤔hmmmmmm.... I took her off again this morning and watched until she went back to lay just to make sure she went back to the eggs... she did! Yesterday she did not🤦‍♀️... I think I’m gonna close off my old section of the coop so she can just stay put until hatch... cuz I wonder, if I weren’t there and someone decided to use her nest to lay their egg then she probably would’ve just went to any other nest and the eggs may have been left for too long! 🤷🏼‍♀️..... This is new so I’m sure I’m worrying too much!
Sydney knew her nest. There were times when she got off to eat that someone else would take her box to lay their egg. Sydney would come back from her beak to find someone else on her eggs. She would go to the next box over and sit waiting for them to leave. Once they left Sydney would take her box back over.

Lily once even just sat on the eggs while Sydney took her break. That was very sweet. Sydney came back and Lilly got up.

Back
Top Bottom