All my chickens can yall help me?

They're a gorgeous mix! Definitely uncommon but the long-feathers on a barred bird makes me wonder because that's a common variety in that mix :)
Thank you so much for your help, the guy thay have him too me said he was dominiker but he didn't look like the roosters I seen on Google, because of his feathers I only found those on a olymouth rock

They're a gorgeous mix! Definitely uncommon but the long-feathers on a barred bird makes me wonder because that's a common variety in that mix :)
Thank you so very much, the guy who gave him to me said he was a dominicker, but when I looked up that breed online I didn't see one that looked like him, the only ones with the pretty long feathers that were barred like him I found with the Plymouth rocks, so I guess he is a mix of something, I must have started with a couple mixed breeds in my first batch, so I have no idea what these chicks are that I have now LOL, it sure is nice being in this group and learning all this stuff from y'all I sure appreciate it, God bless you

some of the chicks are not striped so I'm assuming that means not barred....so I guess he is some kind of mix

If some chicks have white barring and some do not:
--the rooster's color is still called "barred"
--the rooster is not pure for barring, because he carries one gene for barring and one for not-barred
--the rooster is not a "Barred Plymouth Rock" (also called "Barred Rock")
--yes, the rooster is probably some kind of a mix

the guy thay have him too me said he was dominiker but he didn't look like the roosters I seen on Google, because of his feathers I only found those on a olymouth rock

He is certainly not the breed called "Dominique," because he has the wrong comb type and a few other details are also wrong. But the guy might be using "dominiker" to mean any chicken with black & white barring. Or the guy might be mixed up ;)

I agree he is not a Barred Rock.
But I am not sure about whether he is single barred or double barred.

I think OP has another thread talking about a recently-hatched batch of chicks. That will probably answer the barring question: if he produces any chicks with no barring, he must have one gene for not-barred. But if he produces lots of chicks from non-barred hens, and all of the chicks have white barring, then he probably does have two barring genes.
Are these chicks considered barred

Attachments

• 16813158777712639851325545319596.jpg
    16813158777712639851325545319596.jpg
    593.1 KB · Views: 3
If some chicks have white barring and some do not:
--the rooster's color is still called "barred"
--the rooster is not pure for barring, because he carries one gene for barring and one for not-barred
--the rooster is not a "Barred Plymouth Rock" (also called "Barred Rock")
--yes, the rooster is probably some kind of a mix

He is certainly not the breed called "Dominique," because he has the wrong comb type and a few other details are also wrong. But the guy might be using "dominiker" to mean any chicken with black & white barring. Or the guy might be mixed up ;)
On a side note, in gamefowl dominique or "dom" simply means barred and has no meaning towards the breed. Perhaps the seller is using it to mean that. He could perhaps have game in him as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom