All my crazy projet ideas!

Howdy y'all, I've been told to make a thread following my breeding projects from a couple of my friends. So, here I am!

Perfect list:
SOP, Bb red OEGB.
Lemon blue and black OEGB X Bb red roo. (OEGB)
1st, 2nd and 3rd gen Olive eggers. Using 2 different roos.
(An interesting project that I don't know the out come of) Possible "white" AC.

I'm far from an expert breeder, but I know "some" things. But as always, I would love to learn more!
I've often wondered what "R X r" (or how ever their used) mean when breeding poultry. Could anyone inform me on it? Thanks!

I hope y'all enjoy this thread. I will do my very best to keep it going, and posting updates.
I will also add some of my barnyard cross birds just to share.

A few friends that may be interested...
@Tookie, @Weeg, @The-White-Elephant, @Pampered chicken girl, @AmeraucanaHank, @Chicks In VA,
@Sc_chickengirl, and @Bakbuk.
Thanks for the tag, Yarmer!

I don't know much about breeding so I will be in the shadows listening. :)

Most projects have a goal. So what is your goal?

Of all the intriguing things to do, watching F2 crosses closely for unusual traits has to be one of the most fascinating. As an example, in a cross with Silver Laced Wyandottes X blue egg laying Brown Leghorns, I had a yellow speckled hen. This is NOT buff, it was a deep yellow with partridge-like speckling. If you run into something really interesting, set aside a breeding pen and see if it can be stabilized.

Howdy y'all, I've been told to make a thread following my breeding projects from a couple of my friends. So, here I am!

Perfect list:
SOP, Bb red OEGB.
Lemon blue and black OEGB X Bb red roo. (OEGB)
1st, 2nd and 3rd gen Olive eggers. Using 2 different roos.
(An interesting project that I don't know the out come of) Possible "white" AC.

I'm far from an expert breeder, but I know "some" things. But as always, I would love to learn more!
I've often wondered what "R X r" (or how ever their used) mean when breeding poultry. Could anyone inform me on it? Thanks!

I hope y'all enjoy this thread. I will do my very best to keep it going, and posting updates.
I will also add some of my barnyard cross birds just to share.

A few friends that may be interested...
@Tookie, @Weeg, @The-White-Elephant, @Pampered chicken girl, @AmeraucanaHank, @Chicks In VA,
@Sc_chickengirl, and @Bakbuk.
Thanks for the tag!

Surprised you didn't come up with a blue, or an olive egging Old English Game Bantam, or something odd like that.
Ooo, that would actually be pretty cool!
I totally would, but all my OE hens are standard, and (obviously) the OEGB are bantam's.
Do you have an I idea on if that "could" work?

Ooo, that would actually be pretty cool!
I totally would, but all my OE hens are standard, and (obviously) the OEGB are bantam's.
Do you have an I idea on if that "could" work?
OEGBs have Recessive Sex Linked Bantam Dwarfism. So, if a standard is used, breeding back to bantam would have to be done after the first, or second crossing.

Back
Top Bottom