All my crazy projet ideas!

Pics

Yard Farmer

🇺🇸 John 8:36 🇺🇸
Premium Feather Member
Jan 5, 2022
The Wild West!
Howdy y'all, I've been told to make a thread following my breeding projects from a couple of my friends. So, here I am!

Perfect list:
SOP, Bb red OEGB.
Lemon blue and black OEGB X Bb red roo. (OEGB)
1st, 2nd and 3rd gen Olive eggers. Using 2 different roos.
(An interesting project that I don't know the out come of) Possible "white" AC.

I'm far from an expert breeder, but I know "some" things. But as always, I would love to learn more!
I've often wondered what "R X r" (or how ever their used) mean when breeding poultry. Could anyone inform me on it? Thanks!

I hope y'all enjoy this thread. I will do my very best to keep it going, and posting updates.
I will also add some of my barnyard cross birds just to share.

A few friends that may be interested...
@Tookie, @Weeg, @The-White-Elephant, @Pampered chicken girl, @AmeraucanaHank, @Chicks In VA,
@Sc_chickengirl, and @Bakbuk.

Howdy y'all, I've been told to make a thread following my breeding projects from a couple of my friends. So, here I am!

Perfect list:
SOP, Bb red OEGB.

I'm far from an expert breeder, but I know "some" things. But as always, I would love to learn more!
I've often wondered what "R X r" (or how ever their used) mean when breeding poultry. Could anyone inform me on it? Thanks!

I hope y'all enjoy this thread. I will do my very best to keep it going, and posting updates.

@Tookie, @Weeg, @The-White-Elephant, @Pampered chicken girl, @AmeraucanaHank, @Chicks In VA,
Here are some of my project birds...
I know the pics aren't the best, I hope that's all right...
P_20220528_153843.jpg
P_20221118_092554.jpg
P_20221118_092719.jpg
P_20220331_124925.jpg

Perfect list:
SOP, Bb red OEGB.

The only rs I know are for single, & Rose combs, of course walnut too.

r+/r+, p+/p+ = Single Recessive comb

R/R, or R/r+ is Rose Comb(Dominant)

P/P, or P/p+ = Pea Comb(Dominant)

R/R, P/P = Walnut(Dominant)

R/r+, P/P = Walnut(Dominant)

R/R, P/p+ = Walnut(Dominant)

R/r+, P/p+ = Walnut(Dominant)

Lower case with capital, or lower case w/+, along with the capital means it's split, or having one copy.

Unlike the Barring symbol for females, B/- just means she only carries one copy of the barring gene. Using this to steer away from any possible confusion with symbolism.

Back
Top Bottom