All my eggs are Yolkers. Is my Rooster not doing his job?

Melko

In the Brooder
Jan 4, 2023
Been trying to hatch eggs for the past two months but haven't had much luck in doing so... All my eggs are Yolkers. No quitters, no development whatsoever.

1000062307.jpg

This is a screenshot from a video, but this is exactly what I'm seeing after 10 days in the Incubator.

I figured it this might be an issue with the device itself so I stuck a thermistor in there and sure enough it was reading a stable 37.5°C.
So the other possibility is that my rooster isn't doing his job at all which I'm not sure if I can even do anything about.

Any advice, things to check for, or possibilities would be appreciated...

See if you can borrow a rooster from a friend. If that rooster is doing rooster duties,, then your hen's eggs should be fertile for about 3 weeks. :idunno

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

Been trying to hatch eggs for the past two months but haven't had much luck in doing so... All my eggs are Yolkers. No quitters, no development whatsoever.

View attachment 3720249
This is a screenshot from a video, but this is exactly what I'm seeing after 10 days in the Incubator.

I figured it this might be an issue with the device itself so I stuck a thermistor in there and sure enough it was reading a stable 37.5°C.
So the other possibility is that my rooster isn't doing his job at all which I'm not sure if I can even do anything about.

Any advice, things to check for, or possibilities would be appreciated...
Have you been rotating the eggs in the incubator. If not they won’t fully develop

Last edited:
Is he mating?
Who is his favorite chicken?
Monitor that specific chicken’s eggs.
Usually takes 4 days for an egg to be fertile.
If nothing…try Lycopene and Vitamin E.
Make sure to give a well nutrition diet with veggies and salt.
If nothing then, dude is shooting blanks.

If you're in the northern hemisphere it may be too early in the year. Is he still moulting? Most roos stop producing sperm as hens stop producing eggs when they're moulting.
Can you see a red streak on his shanks? That's a sign that he's in fertile condition.

I am having the same issue. I posted a picture of my egg on one site and everyone said it was fertilized. I have put 8 eggs in my incubator for 7 days two different times, and nothing. I am hoping its either the time of the year, or the fact that my hen and rooster are fairly young. I am going to try and trim his feathers I guess as one person suggested and see what happens. His legs are red, so I would think he should be fertile.

Back
Top Bottom