All Natural Herbal Remedies and Recipes for Chickens

Flour works also! I saved one of my puppies that had gotten ripped up by a stray dog with this method. I powdered the spot up real well with the flour and coated it with vasoline and wrapped it tight to stop the bleeding.
Good to know
thumbsup.gif

I also use Lavender to calm myself and my son. We both have issues of panic attacks and this works wonders! If either of us feel an attack coming on, we boil the leaves or we have a spray that has lavender and vanilla that we will spray. I havent used the oils. Would this be easier? And how do you use it? Just rub it straight on? Also lavender tea!
In our family, with no sensitivity or allergy issues, I do spray it right on.
For folks whose skin is sensitive or they don't know for sure, it can be sprayed on a cotton ball and just sniffed as needed.
I started using it in this saturated cotton ball way while travelling. I keep the cotton ball in a zip-loc baggie and open it and breathe it as needed. It calms, relieves stress headaches, nausea and alleviates many symptoms travelers experience, particularly in cars and on planes.
I would never travel without it!
Once, on a cruise to Mexico, I went through a half an ounce of essential oil putting it on people with serious sunburns, hangovers, motion sickness and stress headaches. I became known on the ship as the Lavender Lady. Complete strangers came up to me and asked "Are you the lavender lady? My child has a bad sunburn...". I ended up leaving the atomizer in the little 'mailbox" outside my cabin door. People came along, took it back to their cabins to use, then returned it when they were finished. It was great!!! So much suffering alleviated with a tiny, affordable bottle of yummy smelling natural oil!

NOTE: I am not a licensed herbalist. I do not prescribe any herbal medicine for any stranger, but will absolutely allow them to make up their own minds, based on their adult decisions and apply it to themselves and their own family members. I have been studying and using these items myself for 3 decades, and do know quite a bit about it. But as I am not familiar with the strangers' medical situations (ie, sensitivity, allergies, etc) I do not prescribe to strangers.

I also use Lavender to calm myself and my son. We both have issues of panic attacks and this works wonders! If either of us feel an attack coming on, we boil the leaves or we have a spray that has lavender and vanilla that we will spray. I havent used the oils. Would this be easier? And how do you use it? Just rub it straight on? Also lavender tea!
I like the dried flowers for tea. for calming I like the oil, because you can just dab some on. You can put a dropon a tissue and breath in or a drop on your pillow. I make lavender tea cookies (there is no tea in it they are tea cookies with lavender in them) I love them. You can put the oil with some water and a bit of witchhazle in a spray bottle and spray it around the house and that same solution can be used in your hair or as a face wash. It is so gentle and easy to use

Just an idea! wouldn't it be a good idea for everyone to post their recipes/remedies in a color like red??? so it's easier to sort the remedies from the chatting? I don't know just an idea
lol.png

Just an idea! wouldn't it be a good idea for everyone to post their recipes/remedies in a color like red??? so it's easier to sort the remedies from the chatting? I don't know just an idea
lol.png
Yes I agree, so that way when you go to look thru for something it is much easier to find.
thumbsup.gif

I've used little scatches of lavender in my pillow cases, which is similiar to what you are doing. I mix a little lavender and sometimes mint. It helped a lot! The doctor had me on some pills and I hate taking pills! So, I talked with some OT's and researched on my own some to come up with what worked for me. I have been off that medicine for going on 8 years. I feel so much better! Thanks for all of your inputs! This really helps!

I've used little scatches of lavender in my pillow cases, which is similiar to what you are doing. I mix a little lavender and sometimes mint. It helped a lot! The doctor had me on some pills and I hate taking pills! So, I talked with some OT's and researched on my own some to come up with what worked for me. I have been off that medicine for going on 8 years. I feel so much better! Thanks for all of your inputs! This really helps!
Sure, let me know if I can help further. There are other herbs that work this way also.

lol.png
Quote:
Yes I agree, so that way when you go to look thru for something it is much easier to find.
Maybe we can get Bulldogma to put it in the rules?
I am going to edit my little post!
Done! :eek:) Always feel free to PM me with great ideas like this as I may not read through this thread each day, and I wouldn't want to miss something.

Back
Top Bottom