All of my chickens are dead, how do I coperate with the deaths?

ChickGirl4Life

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 4, 2011
Geneva,OH ~Grape Jamboree~
Well.. today I went outside this morning to check on the chickens just fine and dandy...Until I opened the door. One pullet was just inside the door.... Head gone......Blood on the bedding....The other three were by the pen door... They met the same fate....
hit.gif
These were my first chickens and they lived from April 21 to today. I've been crying all day. I did go to school but alot of my friends asked me what was wrong...I didn't tell. I told them I would tomorrow but I don't know if I can. Can someone help me?
hit.gif
:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit

Last edited:
Oooooh, I'm so so sorry this happened to you and your babies.
hugs.gif
I'm sure others know better which animals simply take off the heads when they attack. I think it might have been a raccoon. If it's any consolation at all, most chicken people have lost a chicken or more to another animal at some point -- most of us have been where you are now, so know that you're not alone. The best thing you could do for the babies that you lost and for any future chickens you get is to read up about keeping predators out and reinforce your coop.

Did your coop have chicken wire? Predators can tear through it like paper.

Don't worry if your friends don't understand, they might surprise you.

Losing chicks you've raised is so hard. Go easy on yourself and take time to mourn.
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost 12 hens in Oct. They were 3 months old. I too cried all day. It devastated me. I hope you catch the predator. Don't give up. Try to reinforce your coop better. Hang in there.

Back
Top Bottom