In my area dogs get 3 chances. The third time they kill chickens they are euthanized so make sure every time is reported to animal control or the police.
Until people report the dogs owners they'll continue to let their dogs run at large and kill chickens. Some dog owners will put their dogs down to avoid paying fines.

Yesterday, same. Dog climbed the fence, tore through the netting, killed 9 of 10. I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. This was my first flock and I loved them individually. Lots of tears and guilt.
I’m sorry you are going thru this heartbreak😢. It makes me so mad when dog owners let their dogs run all over causing mayhem and death of other people animals. It’s their darn responsibility to control their animals that they decided to have. There is legal n moral responsibility as a dog owner to control and keep their animals safely contained😡. I owned a Rottweiler for 13 years and she got lose one time for about 5 minutes. Most people on our road was not aware we owned a Rottweiler unless they had been in our backyard or house because we were a responsible pet owner.

Back
Top Bottom