All the animals I want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I know!!!! I HAVE considered them! Or even milking cows, so they don’t have to go away. At least my husband won’t take those away 🤣. My husband wants beef that we raised, which is ideal but I KNOW I would get attached…
Start with a couple of cows, then as the herd gets bigger and bigger you most likely won't get attached

Thing is, if they get chased by kids and forced to do stuff they don't want to (get picked up and force petted etc) they'll grow distant and will lose humans trust
You’re right, which is why it would be the same as the chickens. He isn’t (or the others) allowed in their run with out me, and they very rarely get to go in it. It’s that way so they aren’t harassing them and so the cockerel doesn’t get all frogy on them and attach em. But they do love watching them from the outside. It is same for the ducks. I had a set that I got about 3 months ago now that we’re babies. But they were slaughtered (long story there). We went back to the lady we got the originals from and she suffered a great loss as well but luckily still had some that she was selling. So we got those, which meant they are older as well and skittish of us. Though I go into their pen now they do much better. But we don’t want the kids in there chasing them and causing unnecessary problems. Right now I wouldn’t be able to let any of them free range. We don’t have much coverage, so everything is pretty open. We planted more trees and stuff for coverage from up above but that will take time for it to grow.

You’re right, which is why it would be the same as the chickens. He isn’t (or the others) allowed in their run with out me, and they very rarely get to go in it. It’s that way so they aren’t harassing them and so the cockerel doesn’t get all frogy on them and attach em. But they do love watching them from the outside. It is same for the ducks. I had a set that I got about 3 months ago now that we’re babies. But they were slaughtered (long story there). We went back to the lady we got the originals from and she suffered a great loss as well but luckily still had some that she was selling. So we got those, which meant they are older as well and skittish of us. Though I go into their pen now they do much better. But we don’t want the kids in there chasing them and causing unnecessary problems. Right now I wouldn’t be able to let any of them free range. We don’t have much coverage, so everything is pretty open. We planted more trees and stuff for coverage from up above but that will take time for it to grow.
Aha sorry, I'm always scared of kids near my geese... One of my cousins wont stop chasing them :( he even chased them with his bike

Aha sorry, I'm always scared of kids near my geese... One of my cousins wont stop chasing them :( he even chased them with his bike
Oh no!!! Poor things!!! I know at least one of my nephews is scared of chickens cause he was chanced when he was younger. I also have a niece that was chanced by one of my dads roosters. Needless to say my dads rooster was the first and last.

You’re good though! I understand completely, I always find it better to give advice that someone may not know than not. Luckily, my kids have been doing REALLY good about just watching the ducks and chickens. The 5,4, and 10 year old aren’t allowed in the duck coop. I let my 2 year old as long as I am with him every once in a while. He likes feeding them peas or oats. My 15 year old is scared of them. (She has Down Syndrome). My 12 year old doesn’t go in unless she is helping me clean the “pond” or when I go to clean out the coop.

Same!! Though my list is long and probably unrealistic, very odd animals too :)

You have a lot on your plate!
If everything goes according to plan for my breeder then I'll have light brahmas too! And even frizzled ones of the same colour. I also have one black maran hen who refuses to lay (I'm looking at you Lola...)
I'm getting goats soon too, well, if all goes to plan of course :)
I want cows SO BADLYYY, but they also scare the living shit out of me, I've heard so many bad stories and I'm now paranoid of cows :oops:
I stayed on a dairy farm where a few of the cows had been hand reared. 2 of them would come to the gate to get petted whenever they saw anyone there.

I stayed on a dairy farm where a few of the cows had been hand reared. 2 of them would come to the gate to get petted whenever they saw anyone there.
Maybe cows aren't that terrifying, I just heard a bunch of bull stories and interperated cows into those stories too :,)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom