All the animals I want

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of pigs? There was a guy we used to help up the road from where I grew up with pigs. They were BIG and MEAN! Especially the boys and the moms when they had babies. A sow died and left babies behind so we took them in and tried to help them but they all died 😭😭
Kunekune, probably.

American guinea hogs are probably next on my list of things I'll actually get soon. They're commonly kept in my part of Florida and are usually available for cheap. I already have a half-acre electric net paddock set up for them. I just haven't pulled the trigger on them yet.
So I have heard…I don’t remember the guy I helped as kid having a problem, but hogs/pigs eat snakes don’t they? That might help with the snake population around the chicken coops.

So I have heard…I don’t remember the guy I helped as kid having a problem, but hogs/pigs eat snakes don’t they? That might help with the snake population around the chicken coops.
I wouldn't be able to let them free range around the coops. Guinea hogs are basically domesticated piney woods rooters (wild hogs). Around here it's popular to cross them to potbelly pigs to make a miniature wild hog with a decent disposition. That's the variety I'd go with. But they'd have to be contained lest they at least root up my garden and my blueberry fields or get shot in the surrounding woods. The area I have fenced off for them is in some of the thick woods on my property and I suspect they'd open up some of the underbrush.

I also have to be careful because a hungry hog will catch and eat a chicken. The area where I'd put the hogs now would later be used to range some of my experimental chickens to get them used to living in the woods away from the farmstead.

Never underestimate Kangaroos, they are stronger than a person, and can get angry fairly easily. (and I've had personal experience of being chased around a paddock, and its not fun) Although they are one of my favorite animals :)
Yeah.. this goal is pretty unrealistic for me. I truly am terrified of kangaroos, one kick and my legs will break in half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom