All the Christian Homeschoolers!

Pics
Hello Sussex, welcome!
I have been taking a couple of "gap" year as well, so to speak. I sort of dropped everything fall of 2021 when the mounting subjects and difficulty became too much.
I'm sure I can't imagine how hard losing your mum must have been, but I'm glad you're here and have a really great plan for the future! Police work is a very honorable job.
I do know very well how lonely feels. :( I hope you can find some good friends here, and I'm glad you have found your own community to enjoy!
We're glad you're here! :)
I really want to get in to the highway patrol! I don't know what it is about it, but for a long time that is all I have wanted to do.
The thing is, its not quite clear what grades are needed, like if I need year 12 or not. It is also not clear which phone number is the correct one, and I tend to be very shy on the phone.
So I've been putting it off after trying one time and hanging up before talking to anyone as it all got too much. (its only on the phone I have this problem, not when talking to someone in real life)
Anyone got any tips on how to go about it, and not hang up as its ringing out of anxiety?

I really want to get in to the highway patrol! I don't know what it is about it, but for a long time that is all I have wanted to do.
That's awesome!
The only knowledge I have of how the highway patrol works is from watching CHiPs as a kid. :p Not sure how much of a service it did to what it's really like.
The thing is, its not quite clear what grades are needed, like if I need year 12 or not. It is also not clear which phone number is the correct one, and I tend to be very shy on the phone.
So I've been putting it off after trying one time and hanging up before talking to anyone as it all got too much. (its only on the phone I have this problem, not when talking to someone in real life)
Anyone got any tips on how to go about it, and not hang up as its ringing out of anxiety?
I am sooo terrified of phone calls as well. I find some things that help are having another person in the room with you, having something to fidget with and/or absolutely have what you want to say written down. Even if you don't go by your script, it still helps a ton.

My homeschooling backstory did not include the fact that my relatives kind of made it their mission to convince me that I was this brainwashed/loner/weirdo that had weird sleeping hours. That led to me spending about 10 years proving to myself and everyone else that I was "normal." Now, none of those people are in my life because just as they once judged me for being too innocent, they later judged me for being too worldly. If I could do it over again, I would have chosen to be homeschooled again but would ignore the naysayers! People speak into your life and if it's not encouraging or upbuilding, it's not a voice worth listening to.

I know homeschooling may not be right for everyone in every situation, but I believe it taught me superior study habits, fostered my hobbies, and allowed me to take my time growing up. Love to all and for all of the homeschoolers, and parents/teachers of homeschoolers, past and present, and God bless!

The only knowledge I have of how the highway patrol works is from watching CHiPs as a kid. :p Not sure how much of a service it did to what it's really like.
There is a lot of highway patrol cars on the roads around here, so one can get quite a good insight in to how they work.
Also a few tv shows on them, like RBT, Highway Patrol, and a few others, they all follow real life police.
I am sooo terrified of phone calls as well. I find some things that help are having another person in the room with you, having something to fidget with and/or absolutely have what you want to say written down. Even if you don't go by your script, it still helps a ton.
I am glad it isn't only me!
Writing everything down sounds like a good idea which might really help.
Having someone else there doesn't work at all for me unfortunately, in fact it makes it 10x worse!

My homeschooling backstory did not include the fact that my relatives kind of made it their mission to convince me that I was this brainwashed/loner/weirdo that had weird sleeping hours. That led to me spending about 10 years proving to myself and everyone else that I was "normal." Now, none of those people are in my life because just as they once judged me for being too innocent, they later judged me for being too worldly. If I could do it over again, I would have chosen to be homeschooled again but would ignore the naysayers! People speak into your life and if it's not encouraging or upbuilding, it's not a voice worth listening to.

I know homeschooling may not be right for everyone in every situation, but I believe it taught me superior study habits, fostered my hobbies, and allowed me to take my time growing up. Love to all and for all of the homeschoolers, and parents/teachers of homeschoolers, past and present, and God bless!
Hi! Officially, welcome. :D

I've heard some homeschool stories, but none so strange as relatives trying to insist upon things like that. I'm glad you were able to learn from it, and come out of it strong!
"People speak into your life and if it's not encouraging or upbuilding , it's not a voice worth listening to." That's something to remember. Having that in my mind would have kept me out of plenty of situations with other people who truly did not respect me or want the best for me. Thank you for putting that bit of wisdom into a memorable sentence.
One of the things I do love about homeschooling is having more time to grow up. :) It just sorta... Makes everything a little bit better, I don't know how.
We're so glad you're here!

What @SunriseChickers said about scripts! I used to scribble stuff on a paper I wanted to ask or talk about so I wouldn't get distracted or forget. Most people want to help once they know what you are calling for.
How are you at ordering food at the drive thru? If you can do that, it's the same, just tell them what you want "to order" on that phone call! 😊

There is a lot of highway patrol cars on the roads around here, so one can get quite a good insight in to how they work.
Also a few tv shows on them, like RBT, Highway Patrol, and a few others, they all follow real life police.
I think I've only ever seen on highway patrol car in my life, they aren't very common around here! Then again, I don't live near or frequent many major(or minor, really) highways. 😅
I am glad it isn't only me!
Writing everything down sounds like a good idea which might really help.
Having someone else there doesn't work at all for me unfortunately, in fact it makes it 10x worse!
Well then, in that case, make the call in complete isolation! May God bless you in this endeavour, he certainly will if it is in His plan for you. Take strength in the Lord, and all things are possible, even scary phone calls. :)

What @SunriseChickers said about scripts! I used to scribble stuff on a paper I wanted to ask or talk about so I wouldn't get distracted or forget. Most people want to help once they know what you are calling for.
How are you at ordering food at the drive thru? If you can do that, it's the same, just tell them what you want "to order" on that phone call! 😊
It's funny you mention the drive through. I'm actually more scared of ordering in the drive through than I am making a phone call! 😂

Back
Top Bottom