All the Christian Homeschoolers!

Pics

SunriseChickers

Feather Fluffer
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Nov 12, 2018
Ohio
Calling all Christian Homeschoolers! Whether you're still in schooling or are well graduated, all ages of homeschoolers are welcome! I know there's a good many hiding out on here and I'd love for us to have our own little community.

I have been homeschooled for my entire life. Some of my worst suffering is to be found with all the math curriculums I didn't complete, and all the good stuff was during recess. :D I'm rounding out my last year of homeschooling with some good, old fashioned home ec. Cooking, gardening, animal husbandry, all the good stuff, and some financial knowledge. You know, all the great stuff a young lady needs to be that Proverbs 31 gal.

So, tell me about yourselves!

Hi, I’m Abby. :frow I’ve been homeschooled my entire life, and I think it’s the best way to learn ever. My class is very tiny, even smaller now that my brothers graduated. It’s just me and @CatLoverLu. We’ll see if it was a mistake to tag her, probably was. The absolute best thing about homeschooling, growing up, was how fast I could get done with school. It took a few hours, and I was usually done before lunch. My public school friends were so jealous! Last year it took a lot longer, cause precalculus is tough, people! I’m finishing up my final year, and then it’s off to college. Of course, I’m already in college…:D The worst thing about homeschooling is the lack of friends, of course. You’re hanging out with your siblings all day, and it can get a little frustrating. Especially when you have to help your older bro with his math :rolleyes:

I only have a million hobbies, my favorites are drawing, spinning wool, crocheting, bike riding, reading, climbing trees, birding, photography, the list could go on and on and on.

I’ll stop now, gotta go get ready for the day. I can tag a few more peeps, if ya want!

@HorseGirlAbby

What things are you going to college for?
I've been long decided on not going to college, but if I did, I would go to the college my mom did, or go to Findlay because of all the equestrian programs.
I can only wish my homeschooling went as smoothly as yours! 😅 My mother's patience is wonderfully infinite, but it's gotta be tough schooling a kid with ADHD(me!). Every day was a battle. Hands on stuff has always been much more agreeable for me. :D
Totally feel the lack of friends, I agree that's one of the worst parts.
Precalculus! I could never dream of doing that, I dropped all math when I restarted Algebra 1 five times with no luck. I'm not quite that smart. :p
What kind of books do you like to read? I used to read fantasy, then didn't read for a long time, and now I'm back strong with country cowboy Christian romances, lol.
I'd love to do more photography.

@HorseGirlAbby

What things are you going to college for?
Nursing :D Probably just the local community college, cause I’m cheap. But I’m taking A&P next year, that’ll be fun.
I've been long decided on not going to college, but if I did, I would go to the college my mom did, or go to Findlay because of all the equestrian programs.
Why no college? I get that it isn’t for everyone, but just curious as to what your reasons are.
I can only wish my homeschooling went as smoothly as yours! 😅 My mother's patience is wonderfully infinite, but it's gotta be tough schooling a kid with ADHD(me!). Every day was a battle. Hands on stuff has always been much more agreeable for me. :D
Oh, not every day was rainbows and unicorns. Homeschooling four kids was a lot of work for my mom.
Totally feel the lack of friends, I agree that's one of the worst parts.
Precalculus! I could never dream of doing that, I dropped all math when I restarted Algebra 1 five times with no luck. I'm not quite that smart. :p
Yeah, I love math. Feel free to call me insane, but it’s great. I like how orderly it is, and how you can always get a correct answer. With English, it’s subjective depending on your teacher.
What kind of books do you like to read?
I read some of everything, except horror and fantasy. I’m very practical, and fantasy seemed like a waste of time. I like to read Christian suspense fiction, by authors like Terri Blackstock and Dee Henderson. My current read is—you guessed it—a Christian cowboy romance 🤪🤣
I used to read fantasy, then didn't read for a long time, and now I'm back strong with country cowboy Christian romances, lol.
I'd love to do more photography.
Photography is so awesome. There are some truly amazing photographers on here, you can check out this thread if you’re curious.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wildlife-photography.1367815/

Nursing :D Probably just the local community college, cause I’m cheap. But I’m taking A&P next year, that’ll be fun.
I know a lot of people going for nursing, and the list keeps growing! :p It's certainly a fulfilling profession.
Why no college? I get that it isn’t for everyone, but just curious as to what your reasons are.
Well, I'm not really aiming to do anything that would require a degree of any sort. On top of that, with my long history of greatly struggling with anything academic, I know it would not be good for my mental health. But if none of that mattered, I'd love to go to my mom's college, it's an absolutely beautiful private Christian college that's actually affordable, it's just far from home. The architecture is stunning and it's in the mountains.
Oh, not every day was rainbows and unicorns. Homeschooling four kids was a lot of work for my mom.
No kidding! My mom really only had to deal with me at one time. My little sister is quite a bit younger, and my older sister basically taught herself!
Yeah, I love math. Feel free to call me insane, but it’s great. I like how orderly it is, and how you can always get a correct answer. With English, it’s subjective depending on your teacher.
I'm just the opposite! I prefer English. It does have its rules, so I don't fully understand how it is subjective. The actual learning of English was stressful, but having the knowledge is great!
I read some of everything, except horror and fantasy. I’m very practical, and fantasy seemed like a waste of time. I like to read Christian suspense fiction, by authors like Terri Blackstock and Dee Henderson. My current read is—you guessed it—a Christian cowboy romance 🤪🤣
Awesome. 😂 What book are you reading? I recently read the Double S Ranch trilogy by Ruth Logan Herne, and now I'm reading "Tate", from The Montana Marshalls series, don't remember the author. I actually recently got 27 books from my grandmother. She reads a lot and then I guess just gives them away, but she let me look through her boxes!
Photography is so awesome. There are some truly amazing photographers on here, you can check out this thread if you’re curious.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wildlife-photography.1367815/
I've been thinking about taking a peek in that thread, actually! I think nature photography would be more my thing though, I'm a little too impatient for the birds. :p

Also, I forgot to say, absolutely tag anyone you know of, that would be great!

Hello all, I guess I will join the club. I’ve been homeschooling since COVID, I originally went to a private Montessori school. During the pandemic, we went to online classes (zoom), and I discovered that I am pretty good at working from home. However, the kids on the zoom class were disruptive (As middle schoolers can be), so I left Montessori entirely and have been doing my own thing for 3 years now.

My favorite subject often changes, I just know that I don’t like math. I just finished Algebra 2. I used to like English but parts of speech/ participles and all that nonsense have sucked some of the fun out of it for me. I still enjoy writing (essays/ usual schoolwork, journaling, and one ongoing fiction story project).

I feel the need to say that I hate romance books of any kind. HATE. I stopped reading fantasy almost entirely because it is just romance disguised as fantasy once you get past middle school-level reading. I lean more towards sci-fi these days, but I otherwise don’t read that much.

I, unlike others, thoroughly appreciate the lack of social interaction. I can pick and choose who/ when I want to hang out with, unlike in real school, where you get stuck with the same idiots your whole life. Of course, this is easy for me to say as an only child.

Although I don’t know “what I want to be when I grow up”, I am working hard to get into a good college (not ivy league level, but NC state or…I don’t know what else, really). Sometimes I wonder if all the time and effort is worth it.

Anyways, that’s me. That turned out to be a whole book practically :lol:, guess I do really like writing.

Hello all, I guess I will join the club. I’ve been homeschooling since COVID, I originally went to a private Montessori school. During the pandemic, we went to online classes (zoom), and I discovered that I am pretty good at working from home. However, the kids on the zoom class were disruptive (As middle schoolers can be), so I left Montessori entirely and have been doing my own thing for 3 years now.
Hello! How does a Montessori school work? I've done certain "Montessori" curriculums, but never heard of a school.
My favorite subject often changes, I just know that I don’t like math. I just finished Algebra 2. I used to like English but parts of speech/ participles and all that nonsense have sucked some of the fun out of it for me. I still enjoy writing (essays/ usual schoolwork, journaling, and one ongoing fiction story project).
Ugh, yes, I totally understand that. At a certain point it was just awful and boring. Too much to remember!
I feel the need to say that I hate romance books of any kind. HATE. I stopped reading fantasy almost entirely because it is just romance disguised as fantasy once you get past middle school-level reading. I lean more towards sci-fi these days, but I otherwise don’t read that much.
Haha, you're absolutely right, they are a disguise. Sci-fi is great, I've grown up watching it and occasionally reading. My favorite Christian sci-fi book is "Logic's End".
I, unlike others, thoroughly appreciate the lack of social interaction. I can pick and choose who/ when I want to hang out with, unlike in real school, where you get stuck with the same idiots your whole life. Of course, this is easy for me to say as an only child.
I've occasionally had a taste of what it's like to be an only child, when I've spent a couple weeks with my grandparents(my mother is their only child). Of course it's not really the same, but it's still sooo different from the constant noise and split attention.
Although I don’t know “what I want to be when I grow up”, I am working hard to get into a good college (not ivy league level, but NC state or…I don’t know what else, really). Sometimes I wonder if all the time and effort is worth it.
I feel that. All I know is that what I want to do has to involve horses.

I'm glad you're here!

Anyways, that’s me. That turned out to be a whole book practically :lol:, guess I do really like writing.
Hey NC, I wondered if you’d stop lurking :D

Back
Top Bottom