All the Christian Homeschoolers!

Which one is your favorite?
Oof, that's a toughie. The three I've read are Around the World in 80 Days, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (duh) and Journey to the Center of the Earth.

I like Around the World in 80 Days. It's suspenseful, action-packed, has a great storyline, and it really keeps your attention. For some reason though, it never drew me as much as the other two though.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is awesome whenever Arronax isn't describing in-depth detail of the life history of every single species and individual of every single organism they notice out of the corner of their eye during the entire voyage.

Journey of the Center of the Earth-- the first part of the book is kinda tough to get through, mostly because it just isn't nearly as exciting as when they actually finally start going underground. But once they do, I can not put that book down. It's great.

Oof, that's a toughie. The three I've read are Around the World in 80 Days, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (duh) and Journey to the Center of the Earth.

I like Around the World in 80 Days. It's suspenseful, action-packed, has a great storyline, and it really keeps your attention. For some reason though, it never drew me as much as the other two though.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is awesome whenever Arronax isn't describing in-depth detail of the life history of every single species and individual of every single organism they notice out of the corner of their eye during the entire voyage.

Journey of the Center of the Earth-- the first part of the book is kinda tough to get through, mostly because it just isn't nearly as exciting as when they actually finally start going underground. But once they do, I can not put that book down. It's great.
I feel like a couple of those are movies.. every time I hear that guy’s name, I only think of ‘Jules Verne Memorial Time Prison.’ Which was in a totally unrelated book called Story Thieves by James Riley.

Ok, some tags. Not sure how many of these guys will want to say anything, there have been sooooo many homeschooling threads and pms that it gets a little old. But here goes!
@AmeraucanaHank @Bakbuk @Blue Raptor @cluckmecoop7 @Chickengirl2671 @Chikyboy @Fuchsia @Lovely Lettie @Pampered chicken girl @Sc_chickengirl @The-White-Elephant @Tookie @Yard farmer and sorry to anyone I missed…
Well, it since it seems like everyone’s going up to the front of class and making introductions, I guess I will too. :rolleyes:

Hi all, my name is Matty.
Y’all can call me BR, MJ, Blue, etc. whatever you want.
I (shocker!) have nine siblings and we’re all homeschooled. Only I went to public preschool, and I only remember my teacher’s name, the classroom, and a girl I didn’t like for some reason. :D
We use a curriculum called My Father’s World. Our dad is (back) in the army as a chaplain, and we got stationed in Germany so sadly I don’t have chickens anymore.

Hi,

We are not homeschooled and went through the traditional public school system. We do have 2 little boys and the oldest just finishing up his first year homeschooling. He loves and he made major developments. It is an adventure for us too and not just for our kids. We are doing Classical Conversations and my kids love it. I like how they teach content and wish I had the chance.

Math has not been my problem. My problem were the language subjects. I ended up with a Master degree in Mechanical engineering and then topped it of with being a certified Welding engineer. My next goal will be a PhD.

We are happy our kids discovered that learning is fun and wanting to know everything.

Well, it since it seems like everyone’s going up to the front of class and making introductions, I guess I will too. :rolleyes:

Hi all, my name is Matty.
Y’all can call me BR, MJ, Blue, etc. whatever you want.
I (shocker!) have nine siblings and we’re all homeschooled. Only I went to public preschool, and I only remember my teacher’s name, the classroom, and a girl I didn’t like for some reason. :D
We use a curriculum called My Father’s World. Our dad is (back) in the army as a chaplain, and we got stationed in Germany so sadly I don’t have chickens anymore.
Hi Matty,

Sorry to hear you don't have your chickens anymore. I enjoy doing the "chicken TV". I am from Germany and if you don't mind I would like to hear how things are in Germany. I still have my whole family there. I assume you are at "Ramstein".

Back
Top Bottom