20230411_140233.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230411_131548.jpg
    20230411_131548.jpg
    1,017.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230411_130640.jpg
    20230411_130640.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
@Somewhere_In_The_Clouds what do aussies normally call the area around the house?
I don't think I get classed as a normal Aussie...
I think I tend to say "outside"... :oops:
Garden is something that grow veggies or flowers. We have what I call a "yard" or "backyard" now, which is part of the property behind the house that we fenced off. And of course there's "paddocks".
If we're talking like a house in town, fenced area out the back is a backyard, back, outside, etc. The area at the front of the house is the front yard, front etc.

I honestly have no idea what I am talking about, it's too early for my brain to be functioning properly :oops:

Garden is something that grow veggies or flowers. We have what I call a "yard" or "backyard" now, which is part of the property behind the house that we fenced off. And of course there's "paddocks".
If we're talking like a house in town, fenced area out the back is a backyard, back, outside, etc. The area at the front of the house is the front yard, front etc.

I honestly have no idea what I am talking about, it's too early for my brain to be functioning properly :oops:
Yup, that's exactly how Americans say it.

Well except paddock. I'm not sure about that one.

Here a paddock is a large grassy area where livestock lives.

That all makes sense.
I think I need to add yard to my vocabulary more!
And paddock I do get right.

Calling all Christian Homeschoolers! Whether you're still in schooling or are well graduated, all ages of homeschoolers are welcome! I know there's a good many hiding out on here and I'd love for us to have our own little community.

I have been homeschooled for my entire life. Some of my worst suffering is to be found with all the math curriculums I didn't complete, and all the good stuff was during recess. :D I'm rounding out my last year of homeschooling with some good, old fashioned home ec. Cooking, gardening, animal husbandry, all the good stuff, and some financial knowledge. You know, all the great stuff a young lady needs to be that Proverbs 31 gal.

So, tell me about yourselves!
Hi! :frow
I'm a Christian Homeschooler!

Yeah we usually call that a pasture.
Don't say pasture here!
I had a really funny conversation with bloke who was at the show. (largely because he was one of the funniest people I had ever met)
It when something like this...
'Where do you live?'
'50km south of here, the nearest village would be abcd'
'Village! how quaint! you don't say what nice what nice pastures you go past do you?'
I assured him I didn't, but we all got a very good laugh from it.
I should have called it a town, or pub.

Back
Top Bottom