All the Christian Homeschoolers!

Pics
Don't say pasture here!
I had a really funny conversation with bloke who was at the show. (largely because he was one of the funniest people I had ever met)
It when something like this...
'Where do you live?'
'50km south of here, the nearest village would be abcd'
'Village! how quaint! you don't say what nice what nice pastures you go past do you?'
I assured him I didn't, but we all got a very good laugh from it.
I should have called it a town, or pub.
A pub??

:eek::lau

A Bar?....
Do you guys really not say pub??
Yeah but saying you're from a pub doesn't usually give off the best first impression if ya know what I mean.... 🤔

Also no, Americans don't really say "pub", they usually say "bar." back a century or two ago they were sometimes referred to as "taverns" though.

If someone said they came from a Bar, yes not a good first impression. But a Pub? I'd ask for some clarification because I wouldn't totally understand.
TBH for me Bar and Pub give me two quite different impressions. Pubs are nice (and that totally sounds weird :lau)

If someone said they came from a Bar, yes not a good first impression. But a Pub? I'd ask for some clarification because I wouldn't totally understand.
TBH for me Bar and Pub give me two quite different impressions. Pubs are nice (and that totally sounds weird :lau)
I didn't even know that pub could refer to a 'small settlement' before that conversation.
I agree about pubs being nice, not sure what I would think if someone said they came from a bar.

Back
Top Bottom