All the Christian Homeschoolers!

What do y'all think of my short story?

Short story: The Pickles Family.
Slowly but steadily he made his way through the forest. The humid but pleasantly warm air was interrupted by a cool breeze in the early morning. As the sun was rising, the sky was streaked with shades of blue, pink, orange, and red, and the light filtered through the large baobab trees. It was another normal day in Madagascar for Mr. Pickles, the Radiated Tortoise. Mr. Pickles searched for his favorite foliage, Crassula, a delectable succulent. But soon, his routine was disrupted. It was 1987. After a terrifying journey, Mr. Pickles found himself in the Houston Zoo. At the zoo, he was given a new habitat all of his own. However, he still missed his old environment in Madagascar, especially as there were no Crassulas. However, over time Mr. Pickles learned to grow and love his cozy new home.
In 1996, Mr. Pickles met the love of his life who took his name, thus she was Mrs. Pickles. Mr. Pickles and Mrs. Pickles bonded and became the best of companions, living together in an unchanging world for 27 years. Yet on a calm Friday afternoon, new life began to flourish in the home of the tranquil couple. On March 17th, 2023, Mr. Pickles became a first time dad at 90 years old. Slowly and surely, each of three eggs hatched. Jalapeño was the first to emerge from his egg, zipping around the shell and poking his little pointed beak out. Following him came Gherkin. He hatched surprisingly quickly and smoothly. Dill was the last, multiple hours after her siblings. She struggled to escape the confines of her temporary home. She rolled around, wobbling back and forth. Finally, Dill came out with a small “pop!” as her shell split neatly in half. The three tiny tortoises, Jalapeño, Gherkin, and Dill, joined their proud parents. The Pickles’ family was now a complete family of five. They were content to live at their own pace, exploring what life has to offer and the beauty that is only found with taking the time to observe.
I love it!

Has anyone ever had a problem with something taking just the head of the chicken? A few days ago we found a chicken with It's head missing. The rest of the body was still there. Then yesterday the same thing happened to one of the turkeys. It's head was missing and the rest of the body was still there. The turkey was taken sometime between 1 and 4 in the afternoon.

Has anyone ever had a problem with something taking just the head of the chicken? A few days ago we found a chicken with It's head missing. The rest of the body was still there. Then yesterday the same thing happened to one of the turkeys. It's head was missing and the rest of the body was still there. The turkey was taken sometime between 1 and 4 in the afternoon.
Hmmm, I've never but I thought I heard someone had a similar problem, I forgot what it was though

I believe that's a racoon.

Back
Top Bottom