All the Christian Homeschoolers!

I think in Orthodoxy, it also somewhat depends on what the family wants to do and there are prayers that I believe are intended for the priest, so I'm not clear on everything. But there are morning and evening prayers, there's a list of prayers for every hour, and all kinds of prayers that are done for specific reasons throughout the year depending on fast and feast days, etc. There's always Sunday Matins and liturgy, I think there is often Wednesday Paraclesis, and also depending on feast and fast days, there are other services. I am not Orthodox, but will be eventually after I marry, so I'm not very well aware of all of it.
I forgot about nighttime prayers.

There's no prayer for every hour here. My family prays one to St. Joseph, but that is more a family tradition than anything.

I don't make my bed because of the way I intentionally twist up my blankets when I sleep. I don't move in my sleep, but I like having the blanket wrapping me up, not just on top of me. The reason I don't use a sheet. My blankets get washed, and I go to bed clean, so it isn't an issue.
Thanks for the reminder about washing my sheets.

I had no friends until I was sixteen. None at all. My mother didn't have us in any regular extracurriculars that allowed us to make friends, and aside from our church being small, they always treated me strangely. I had ADHD and so they thought I was weird and gross, and we're always sneering at me and avoiding talking to me. I was just 'normal' and didn't know how to talk to people. And blood and mud didn't bother me like it bothered them. They were also all public schooled and city dwellers. Ah well.
people who act like that seem like cloacas.

I'm Catholic as well,
We usually go to daily mass, and then we try to say the angelus at noon, and family rosary at night.
But every day is different, like for St. Brigid's feast day we made butter from a mason jar!
We do Rosary and all that in the morning.

Daily Mass is hard for us, so we don't do that. Dad's work and Mom being busy plays a part in that.

Back
Top Bottom