All the Christian Homeschoolers!

Went to check on them and found Philomena died in the top.
This was @notabitail 's chicken from the chickens I take care of.
Looked like she fell off the perch well sleeping. She was right by the perch.

These are some last pictures of her that I took.

• PXL_20240210_231740297.PORTRAIT.jpg

• PXL_20240411_163749742.jpg

• PXL_20240411_164504520.jpg

• PXL_20240327_170047238~2.jpg
    Just finished cleaning up the coop and cuddling my Chickies. They keep looking for her in the top. Sadly when I went out this morning around 8am when I found her they were up there sitting by her 😞
    Its sad I did not get out there sooner she had been died for at least 2-3 hours already.

Well it happens.
I'm sorry that happened :hugs Something similar happened to me a couple days ago. One of my girls, Bukky, was in a nesting box waiting to lay an egg, and I ran back to the house real quick to grab the basket that I'd forgotten. I was gone like two minutes, and I heard some squawking when I came back, so I hurried, but it was too late. She must've broken her neck falling out onto a concrete block. She was still alive when I got there, but she died a few seconds later, in my arms.

I'm not ashamed to say I cried my eyes out while I held her for the last time. She was the sweetest, quirkiest old hen, she lived to be seven years old.

I'll miss her a lot.

I'm sorry that happened :hugs Something similar happened to me a couple days ago. One of my girls, Bukky, was in a nesting box waiting to lay an egg, and I ran back to the house real quick to grab the basket that I'd forgotten. I was gone like two minutes, and I heard some squawking when I came back, so I hurried, but it was too late. She must've broken her neck falling out onto a concrete block. She was still alive when I got there, but she died a few seconds later, in my arms.

I'm not ashamed to say I cried my eyes out while I held her for the last time. She was the sweetest, quirkiest old hen, she lived to be seven years old.

I'll miss her a lot.
Aww! I'm sorry for your loss too! Its hard not to cry! She must have been so sweet

Last edited:

I'll miss her a lot.
I'm so sorry Abby, that's horrible.

Went to check on them and found Philomena died in the top.
This was @notabitail 's chicken from the chickens I take care of.
Looked like she fell off the perch well sleeping. She was right by the perch.

These are some last pictures of her that I took.

• PXL_20240210_231740297.PORTRAIT.jpg

• PXL_20240411_163749742.jpg

• PXL_20240411_164504520.jpg

• PXL_20240327_170047238~2.jpg
    Just finished cleaning up the coop and cuddling my Chickies. They keep looking for her in the top. Sadly when I went out this morning around 8am when I found her they were up there sitting by her 😞
    Its sad I did not get out there sooner she had been died for at least 2-3 hours already.

Well it happens.

I'll miss her a lot.
So sorry for your losses. :hugs

I'll miss her a lot.
That's terrible, I'm so sorry

One of my chickens died too, she was the last of the first 4 chicks I had bought after I bought some adult hens. She was 2 years old, her name was Nugget. I don't know exactly what happened as I was on vacation when she passed. She had laid a lash egg awhile back though and had crop problems

I'll miss her a lot.
One of my chickens died too, she was the last of the first 4 chicks I had bought after I bought some adult hens. She was 2 years old, her name was Nugget. I don't know exactly what happened as I was on vacation when she passed. She had laid a lash egg awhile back though and had crop problems
Im so sorry for your losses :hugs

Back
Top Bottom