All things Vintage thread - Antiques, music & more!

I enjoy old architecture, from around 1850-1920. My house was built in 1920, and I have tried to bring some of the originality back to it. I have found matching art deco chandeliers, and some old furniture, as well. I also like old books. I am not afraid of refinishing anything -- I've done doors, windows, and lighting.
Old architecture is wonderful! I do not know much about architectural styles; I ought to learn more. I've always loved the idea of taking an old house and redesigning the interior to look as it might have in the decade in which it was built. It's great that you are adding 1920's touches to your home.
That said, I have a small collection of Victorian era brooches, and found another one at a swap meet last weekend. My best guess is mid-1800's.
How lovely! Brooches must be fun to collect and display.
Corelle can be considered vintage. But not antique.
I agree. Speaking of which, what do you all define as antique, and what do you consider vintage?

Oh yay! I love vintage and antique things! Mostly local history. It's my passion. I want to be an archeologist. I could get lost in my local history especially! Finding an artifact to me is equivalent to someone finding a big gold nugget or a big ol raw diamond. Although that would be nice too 💲, artifacts are priceless to me. Even junk. An old bottle is gold to me. Im only 32 so what may not be vintage to some of you, may be to me, lol. I enjoy metal detecting too. Our small town started out massive with the Missouri Lumber a d Mining Company. Today it's just a small town with only a local gas station, a post office, and a recent Dollar General, but it was once abundant with blacksmith shops, train station, hospital, pharmacies, schools, churches, general stores, hotels, factories, etc, so there's lots of treasures here. One particular area on main st is where the big blacksmith shop once sat. There is a creek running through town. The back door to the blacksmith shop opened up near the creak. I have founds hundreds of things in the creek. Various black smithing tools, unfinished or half finished projects, wagon wheels, etc. Old canning jars from the onion factory. Railroad steaks. Vintage glass medicine bottles from the pharmacy. It's just a treasure trove here. Aside from buried artifacts, I'm also passionate of more recent vintage things. Pirex, etc. I'm especially fond of vintage kitchen and housewares. Anything really to remind me of housewives in my grannys days. My most recent find, in an old local dump site, was a 1949 Joy Dishsoap bottle. Ill picture it, as its the only photo of any of my finds on this new phone. I love anything vintage farm life too. I just love it all! I could spend hours in awe in flea markets and antique shops.

Attachments

• 20210427_164734.jpg
    20210427_164734.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20210427-170421_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210427-170421_Chrome.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20210427-170404_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210427-170404_Chrome.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom