All things Vintage thread - Antiques, music & more!

Pics
I thought I would feature an artwork today. This oil painting intrigues me. They call it, very suitably, "Still Life with Cheeses, Almonds, and Pretzels." The artist was Dutch painter Clara Peeters, and it was painted in 1615 (!). The detail and precision is just incredible. Look very closely, and see if you can find her signature and a very tiny "self-portrait." The first person to find both receives one of these: :woot
1621718088384.png

Here is the link to the Wikipedia page about this painting. Beware: it gives away the location of her signature and "self-portrait." See if you can find both before looking at the page. LINK

I thought I would feature an artwork today. This oil painting intrigues me. They call it, very suitably, "Still Life with Cheeses, Almonds, and Pretzels." The artist was Dutch painter Clara Peeters, and it was painted in 1615 (!). The detail and precision is just incredible. Look very closely, and see if you can find her signature and a very tiny "self-portrait." The first person to find both receives one of these: :woot View attachment 2683179
Here is the link to the Wikipedia page about this painting. Beware: it gives away the location of her signature and "self-portrait." See if you can find both before looking at the page. LINK
Self portrait is on the top (in the black) of the brown urn. Still looking for the signature...

Antiquing is my FAVORITE. We have some really neat local shops that I could (and do!) spend hours in searching for antique and vintage items. I don't have one particular thing I collect, I have a wide variety of things I search for. Love vintage Pyrex, unique furniture pieces, crates, pretty much anything that looks like it has a story.

I live in the land of old farmhouses which is really neat. Our town squares have original buildings from the 1800s and I love them. We have an old feed and hardware store here that is being restored and has all the original interior wood, shelving, and long counter. It's divine!!!

Antiquing is my FAVORITE. We have some really neat local shops that I could (and do!) spend hours in searching for antique and vintage items. I don't have one particular thing I collect, I have a wide variety of things I search for. Love vintage Pyrex, unique furniture pieces, crates, pretty much anything that looks like it has a story.
Do you have any favorites of the things you have collected so far? :)
I live in the land of old farmhouses which is really neat. Our town squares have original buildings from the 1800s and I love them. We have an old feed and hardware store here that is being restored and has all the original interior wood, shelving, and long counter. It's divine!!!
It sounds wonderful to have so many old buildings, farmhouses especially, surrounding you. And how nice that the feed and hardware store is being restored! Is it going to be used for display/educational purposes or something else?

Do you have any favorites of the things you have collected so far? :)

It sounds wonderful to have so many old buildings, farmhouses especially, surrounding you. And how nice that the feed and hardware store is being restored! Is it going to be used for display/educational purposes or something else?
It's being used by a non-profit. It's something really special!

I love all the old country singers and musicians!:love
Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, George Strait, Wellie nelson, John Micheal Montgomery, etc!
Some of the songs and albums that I love are:

Alan Jackson's "I want to stroll over heaven with you", and most of the songs in his album, "Precious Memories".

Toby Keith "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue", "Losing my Touch, and "Good to go to Mexico" from his album, "Unleashed".

George Strait "Baby Blue", "Today my World slipped away", and others.

Garth Brooks "The Dance", "Standing outside the fire".

John Michael Montgomery's "I love the way you love me"

And Nacy Sinatra's "These Boots were made for walkin'.

There are many others I could go on about, but I should probably stop....:oops:
(Sorry for the large list, but I couldn't help myself!:p)

I love all the old country singers and musicians!:love
Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, George Strait, Wellie nelson, John Micheal Montgomery, etc!
Some of the songs and albums that I love are:

Alan Jackson's "I want to stroll over heaven with you", and most of the songs in his album, "Precious Memories".

Toby Keith "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue", "Losing my Touch, and "Good to go to Mexico" from his album, "Unleashed".

George Strait "Baby Blue", "Today my World slipped away", and others.

Garth Brooks "The Dance", "Standing outside the fire".

John Michael Montgomery's "I love the way you love me"

And Nacy Sinatra's "These Boots were made for walkin'.

There are many others I could go on about, but I should probably stop....:oops:
(Sorry for the large list, but I couldn't help myself!:p)

Thank you! I am not familiar with all of those names; I will give them a listen. :)

Back
Top Bottom