All things Vintage thread - Antiques, music & more!

Pics
Just scored FINALLY on some Corelle “Spring Blossom” (70s to 80s range) plates! I picked up some bread and butter “saucer” style little plates a few years ago in the same pattern- local hardware store had BOXES of them unopened and I managed to buy a 4 set for $2 per box. Plates are sold often at antique shops and they want way too much for them. I picked some other Corelle bread and butter plates the other day from this same thrift store- can’t remember pattern off hand but I can wait to find their matches. I went to the same thrift store today and found a giant stack of Spring Blossom plates - 15 of them total, almost look brand new and in great shape. I absolutely LOVE Corelle and I am so happy to finally have matching dishes. This set is so perfect for our cabin- now to find bowls and glasses to match!

View attachment 2811009View attachment 2811010
Those look very nice! I love the little flowers on that pattern, and I hope you are able to find matching bowls and glasses sometime soon. :)

Very nice! I have a vintage Beatrix Potter book as well, though it is a little bit newer than the ones you have, being a reprint edition published in the early '50's. I haven't actually read it yet.

PXL_20210926_163837940.jpg PXL_20210926_163905671.jpg
PXL_20210926_163928226.jpg
PXL_20210926_163935222.jpg
PXL_20210926_163949898.jpg

What a fun thread! I have so many fond memories of antique shopping with my Mother. I tend to gravitate towards unusual vintage items or things with sentimental value rather than items of real monetary value but my Mom knew what stamps to look for on the bottom of pottery and had an abundant Victorian furniture collection, as well as other bits and bobs.

I currently have a hideous salmon colored vintage chair that my Husband fell in love with at a yard sale and insists "HE" wants to reupholster it...so it sits and waits, lol. I will eventually need to do it myself because I can't stand to look at it much longer. 😆

I too love old books but I sold most of my collection to make room for other hobbies. I did find some tattered old newspaper clippings in one of the books that I found significant enough to keep.

SCN_0008.jpg

What a fun thread! I have so many fond memories of antique shopping with my Mother. I tend to gravitate towards unusual vintage items or things with sentimental value rather than items of real monetary value but my Mom knew what stamps to look for on the bottom of pottery and had an abundant Victorian furniture collection, as well as other bits and bobs.

I currently have a hideous salmon colored vintage chair that my Husband fell in love with at a yard sale and insists "HE" wants to reupholster it...so it sits and waits, lol. I will eventually need to do it myself because I can't stand to look at it much longer. 😆

I too love old books but I sold most of my collection to make room for other hobbies. I did find some tattered old newspaper clippings in one of the books that I found significant enough to keep.

View attachment 2847411
Wow, those are both very interesting newspaper clippings -- in very different ways, I must add. Have you an idea of when they are from?

Wow, those are both very interesting newspaper clippings -- in very different ways, I must add. Have you an idea of when they are from?

I'm not positive of the year but definitely the early 1900s. Likely between 1918-1922. The only rejuveno product I could find was a corset and it was from 1920. Lol

Back
Top Bottom