All too quiet!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by firedove, Apr 1, 2009.

1. firedove

firedove Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Fitzwilliam NH
    My little chickies moved out to the big brooder in the garage tonight. They have been in the living room for the past 5 1/2 weeks. I'll tell you, I was fed up with the smell and the dust, but now that they are outside I really miss the peeps! That constant sound ranging from happiness songs to a demanding 'I want something' racket. I know the constant peeping is not my husbands favorite sound, but I love it. Now it's just too quiet in the house. I know I'll be spending a lot more time in the garage!

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    [​IMG] Been there done that. I missed the little fuzzyballs too...you get used to that noise like hearing and understand a baby cry...you know just what they need or want.

It gets easier but trust me...I spent much time in my garage and then in the coop when they moved into it.

3. firedove

firedove Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Fitzwilliam NH
    I wasn't as strongly affected by it when last year's chicks moved out. Something about this bunch, I'm much more attached to them I guess.

4. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    I have my brooders in our heated game room which is attached to our garage that is not attached to the house, lol. It is not right next to our house but a little walk away. I have spent more time in that room the past 2 days then I ever have before.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by