all who are hatching quail

I'm so excited I just have to share this with someone! Today is day four on my experimental eggs in the incubator. All of the eggs had small cracks or small dents in them and I repaired them with candlewax. I candled this egg when I got home from work. (Note the glob of candle wax)

And this is what I saw.......

There are veins!!!! And I could see the little heart pumping!! There's a baby in that cracked egg! Ahhhh!!!!
Sorry for the crappy pic. :/ I could see it sooo much better when I candled with my iPhone light but I had to use my phone to take pics lol
:D

I'm so excited I just have to share this with someone! Today is day four on my experimental eggs in the incubator. All of the eggs had small cracks or small dents in them and I repaired them with candlewax. I candled this egg when I got home from work. (Note the glob of candle wax)

And this is what I saw.......

There are veins!!!! And I could see the little heart pumping!! There's a baby in that cracked egg! Ahhhh!!!!
Sorry for the crappy pic. :/ I could see it sooo much better when I candled with my iPhone light but I had to use my phone to take pics lol
:D

Congrats! I have hatched a polish egg that was cracked and repaired with wax.

I'm hoping the fertile ones make it all the way. I want to see their fuzzy little butts, and it would be great to prove to my husband and father-in-law that it's possible to hatch a cracked egg. ;)

Ya that would be awesome. How much crack were there? And what type of quails are these?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom