all who are hatching quail

I turn constantly. I work at home and everytime I go by an incubator I turn. I dont use turners large eggs dont fit. Besides the hen wanders of the nest and eggs still hatch so opening it to turn is not going to hurt.

I turn constantly. I work at home and everytime I go by an incubator I turn. I dont use turners large eggs dont fit. Besides the hen wanders of the nest and eggs still hatch so opening it to turn is not going to hurt.
Thanks for the info,, I know chickens,,but these quail are a little different...I understand about the turning part...I see no reason how opening an incubator a couple time a day will hurt...I am not a fan of this lock down. EGG size,,,I am finding that out with setting FBCM eggs..They are huge..And so are these quail eggs..They don.t fit that great in the quail tray very well.. Peace...

Thanks for the info,, I know chickens,,but these quail are a little different...I understand about the turning part...I see no reason how opening an incubator a couple time a day will hurt...I am not a fan of this lock down. EGG size,,,I am finding that out with setting FBCM eggs..They are huge..And so are these quail eggs..They don.t fit that great in the quail tray very well.. Peace...

Take a look at my signiture (My 150+ct. Egg Turner)

Last edited:
Take a look at my signiture (My 150+ct. Egg Turner)
Say I like your idea..Just a thought I have had issues with hot glue..Is that what your using? I have had it dry out after a yr or so...I live in a very dry climate most of the time....I was thinking did you try PVC glue...epoxies last longer..
Not sure if they would give off any residue fumes tho...
Still good ideal,
How is the rigidness...?
What are u mounting it to to turn....?
Nice incubator too.
Keep up the good work
I love DIY

From all the research I can find the optimum incubation h umidityfor bobwhite quail is 50-60% to give enough volume loss to allow chick grow without dehydrating them. The humidity for the last 3-5 days needs to be ~70-75% to soften the shell for hatching. I use a GQF cabinet incubator and adjusting the humity is pretty easy by either adding or removing sponges in the humidity pan. I have 500 eggs in now and expect them to hatch May 10-11.

THATS A NICE LOOKING BATOR DUDE,,, VERY NICE.....

I agree. Is that a refrigerator that's had a heater added to it? I'd love to see more pictures of how this was done. Not that I'd have the space for that many birds. I barely have room for the 20 I just hatched last week. No idea what I'd do with all those.

THATS A NICE LOOKING BATOR DUDE,,, VERY NICE.....

I agree. Is that a refrigerator that's had a heater added to it? I'd love to see more pictures of how this was done. Not that I'd have the space for that many birds. I barely have room for the 20 I just hatched last week. No idea what I'd do with all those.

Take a look at my signature. It is the one called "My Incubator". ;) I made it in there. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom