all who are hatching quail

My 6 week old coturnix just started laying!! Have 90 birds so ready to process a lot of the extra cocks this weekend. Fried quail, YUM!
Pickling my first eggs ever. Anyone with a good easy recipe???

My 6 week old coturnix just started laying!! Have 90 birds so ready to process a lot of the extra cocks this weekend. Fried quail, YUM!
Pickling my first eggs ever. Anyone with a good easy recipe???

Trying to get up the courage to cull!!! But yay on eggs! Mine turn 6wk next week so kids are getting excited! !!

My broody coturnix quail did it :D!!!
She is now the proud mother of at least 3 chicks.

The nest is in a basket in the corner of an aviary, Should I move her or fence it off ??
The other birds seem to be curious not harmful and did try to assist her during the incubation. I do have 2 males that can get aggressive, no surprise, but they have left her alone so far.

I will upload a picture can't seem to do it from an iPad.

My broody coturnix quail did it :D!!!
She is now the proud mother of at least 3 chicks.

The nest is in a basket in the corner of an aviary, Should I move her or fence it off ??
The other birds seem to be curious not harmful and did try to assist her during the incubation. I do have 2 males that can get aggressive, no surprise, but they have left her alone so far.

I will upload a picture can't seem to do it from an iPad.

that's awesome I just decided yesterday to try to let my Broody button quail try to sit. we will see what happens! congrats. I don't know about whether to fence or move though I've always done incubation

Back
Top Bottom