all who are hatching quail

Guys, is it normal for the newborn quail not to walk? This little thing has only hatched 30 minutes ago, but thus far, just scooted around on its belly and cried a little, now he's sleeping snuggled around other eggs, got up and stood for a sec once or twice, but NOT WALKED yet. Is this normal? When should I expect it to walk?

Reason I ask, I keep seeing people having issues with some chicks having splayed leg, so imagining the worst here...

Thanks!
Hope

ive got 79 coturnix going into lockdown this evening. hopefully i have a good hatch. started with 120 had alot of infertiles.

Thanks, they are hobbling around :) some just hatched this morning, so I'm not going to get concerned. the one from last night and walking (not running), so... so far so good!

There are many more pipping, so i'll leave them in, but tempted to put food/water in there in tiny container lids (water with marbles of course). Has anyone ever done that? I hear some people do, just don't want them to starve.

Thanks, they are hobbling around :) some just hatched this morning, so I'm not going to get concerned. the one from last night and walking (not running), so... so far so good!

There are many more pipping, so i'll leave them in, but tempted to put food/water in there in tiny container lids (water with marbles of course). Has anyone ever done that? I hear some people do, just don't want them to starve.
I have put foor and water in small dishes in the bator.....what a smelly mess! I wouldnt do it again. I have also forgot to give them any food til day 3 and I didnt loose any off that either

Back
Top Bottom