all who are hatching quail

I priced things for making a bator (styrofoam cooler lightbulb idea). Anda slowly rubbin off the idea on hubs ;) he already promised i can now i am tryin to speed up the when part.

So anyhow i am not sure how many eggs will fit in a 30qt or a 45qt...?
17" x 12" x 14.48" .. 30qt
25.25" x 16" x 12.63" .. 45qt

Any guesses about how many once i nix some space for the light and the water

Still no chicks and think im going mad waiting. Keep watching when the light flicks on to see if they wiggle, but no joy. Day 18 at 12am so plenty of time before I can confidently say they havent hatched but my v oice in my head says not to hold my breath! Hopefully the next time I wont be this anxious!

Still no chicks and think im going mad waiting. Keep watching when the light flicks on to see if they wiggle, but no joy. Day 18 at 12am so plenty of time before I can confidently say they havent hatched but my v oice in my head says not to hold my breath! Hopefully the next time I wont be this anxious!

Pretty much what I'm doing too

I have a Leahy its old but it wasnt the Incubators fault . Mark put some things on top of it and grabbed the flash light turning the knobbs when he did that I thought i should check on the eggs the next am the temp was 138 + so high it was like a sauna in there and i removed everthing Immediatly I am getting good cause when an egg is rotten i smell it i let Mark check the only rotten one there , LMAO payback for killing 66 chicks and 5 duds out of 75 of my own try at doing what JMF had perfected since they are JMF Quail i did get to learn to cull .

Robby is a Wonderful person with lots of help when needed and answers any and all Questions and doesnt make me feel like and Idiot when i have one he has Probably answered thousands of times .

There are Great Breeders here fat daddy and others but i have not delt with them but have gotten Great advice from so you wont be stuck ever ,

Glad i have the Quail it has made me and my family a lot healthier and it shows in the cat rings when my 4 month old kittens weight 5-7 lbs and have the best coats Only change Quail eggs and meat. for me my Dr said my Health has also Improved , 

Totally agree about Robbie at JMF, he is great. I only raise his line jumbo line c birds now. I cull by egg size and 6 wk weights to select breeders vs meat birds. Trying to do just as he has advised. Love my JMF birds!!

For my 1st ever hatch I guess it's not to shabby. But I'm not giving up on them. I'll be persistent & hopefully be blessed with more babies. I really hope they're just "late bloomers"!

My Bob Whites just went on lock down today. This is my first attempt at hatching. Right now I am working to get the humidity up to 75% - of course I added water and have 4 sponge pieces in there as well.

Back
Top Bottom