All You Quilters Out There... Go Buy All The Fabric You Can

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by ginbart, Apr 7, 2011.

1. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I just heard on the radio today the price of cotton went up 150%. That means all the 100% cotton fabric we get will be out of this world to buy. [​IMG]

I think I'm going to go get a loan, or start growing my own cotton and making my own fabric. [​IMG]

2. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    I rarely buy fabric at the store. I go to estate auctions and buy the stash that someone else didn't live long enough to use. I get some of the prettiest vintage fabrics that way.

3. bgelber

bgelber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Athens, al
    Thanks. As if we need one more thing to go up

4. ginbart

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:[​IMG] Now that sounds funny, someone lese didn't live long enough to use. But I bet you do.

5. ginbart

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:I know we can live without it unless we make our own clothes but but but.

They also said the price of clothes will be going up. We're all be running around in our birthdays suits soon because we can't afford to buy clothes.

6. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    Yes, i heard that too. I guess anything cotton like sheets and towels will also go up. Glad there's no inflation. [​IMG]

7. ReiMiraa

ReiMiraa Chillin' With My Peeps

the stores have already adjusted the costs of most cotton prints.. its like gas stations the minute things go up in the source everything else immediately goes up. but is would be the corporate fabric stores.
    your local stores probably still have low prices because they do not order fabric as often....
    In my area $10 a yard and if it is already 'quilted' then it is $23 a yard...

8. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    I guess we will have to sell our gold to buy fabric and gas ![​IMG][​IMG]

9. HoldensLandingChickGirl

HoldensLandingChickGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Northwest Connecticut
    The price of cotton actually went up quite some time ago and has been adjusted for already in most places. I am a seamstress and saw my organic cotton price shoot up by almost double in August. Yuck!

10. greytmommy

greytmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    That sucks. Thank GOODNESS I have a very large stash currently. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by