Allergic to Bananas

sparkles2307

Terd of Hurtles
11 Years
Oct 23, 2008
Northwestern Minnesota
So, I have this fabulous allergy to bananas where my throat swells closed and I cant breathe if I eat anything with raw banana in it.
Does anyone know of a substitute that I can use- that has the same nutritional values-in like smoothies and shakes?

Silken tofu. Don't look at me like that, drain it, cut it into a few cubes, and swirl it in. 1 box does 4 smoothies.

My favorite smoothie is pineapple-strawberry. I'm sure it doesn't have the same nutritional value as the banana, but they sure are good. Other high potassium fruits include apricots, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, oranges and kiwi.

I am trying specifically to find a fruit to replace banana in a blueberry-banana smoothie for a cleanse diet. I know that when on a diet it is important to get the nutrients that are listed in the recipes... I will try the tofu and maybe the pineapple...

Quote:
FABULOUS! Is that with the regular tofu in the grocery store? I have always been afraid to try tofu, but I guess it seems less scary in a smoothie haha

There's 2 kinds, Silken and firm, you want silken. Firm would be to replace a meat. Silken is sort of a jello firmness, where firm is chichen breast firm. Try papaya in there for the potassium boost.

i read an article that kiwi has like twice the potassium and vit c as a banana. i can't eat them right now. evidently the baby doesn't like bananas, but you can make smoothies out if the kiwi also. pretty good w honeydew and apple juice blended to make a smoothie.

Back
Top Bottom