Allie & Bino, the albino orpington chicks

How are the others treating them? This is a story I would love to follow!!

How sweet! Looking forward to your updates!

Thanks! The others used to peck at their red eyes, but they don't as much now that they've discovered how to scratch and I give them clumps of grass to keep them occupied.

I'm trying to tame them, Allie is doing pretty well. Last night she layed down in my hand for a little bit and almost fell asleep a few times. Once I get them tame, I'll need to teach them how to find bugs. I think that'll be pretty easy since they scratch, but who knows.

I'll try to get some pictures tonight...

Allie and Bino drinking with their siblings. See Bino's comb? He's on the right. Obviously a roo
1f602.png
. Oh well.

It'd be awesome if they were a pair, then I could breed them.
you wouldnt need a pair, you would need their siblings. i mentioned before it seems they are the result of genetics (since you have two) and not a spontaneous mutation. the probability depends on the breeding arrangement (roosters to hens ratio), but if they were from a small breeding group then their is a high probability that the siblings will be recessive for that trait, so breeding them back to their siblings (if they have the recessive gene) will give you a 50% chance of also being albino. breeding them to each other would result in a near 100% result, but dont forget the siblings, they would help you maintain genetic 'diversity'...did you tell the breeder yet??? when are you going to tell us who supplied you the eggs???

Back
Top Bottom