Almost 31 weeks and FINALLY ... (UPDATE #6)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by texasgal, Sep 7, 2010.

1. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    ... she squats [​IMG]

You thought I was going to say I had an egg, din't ya! [​IMG]

I've got one holdout EE hen .. her sisters started laying at about week 22-23 .. but not Hershey .. Nope.. and not only that she seemed EMBARRASSED by all the hoopla over egg laying .. humpft!

So this weekend I reached down the pick her up and she squats! Then when Cocoa was laying, she stepped up the steps and watched .. almost interested. Then she stepped into the box and looked around ...

Wow! She's 8 months old .. Really? Hershey ?

Do ya think you could just lay a freakin' egg?!?!?!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  2. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I hope for your sake she does. It's so frustrating when you have holdouts. I'm still waiting for two of my original five to lay but they're only 23 weeks. It should be no more than a week now.[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  4. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    mine seem to be holding out on me as well. [​IMG] it's past the 20 week mark and i might have 2 that are laying new eggs. patience is not one of my strong points. [​IMG]

good luck!
    [​IMG]

5. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    She's such a big pretty girl .. DH was threatening to eat her, but I don't think so! She's not the brightest bulb in the box either .. so I'm just glad she's FINALLY showing an interest .. LOL

6. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    There was a strange egg in the box last night! It was pretty big and I DO have a hen that was injured and had quit laying so it MIGHT be hers, but the color wasn't the usual color that she lays ...

Hmmmmmmmmm... did Hershey ACTUALLY lay an egg!?!?!?

I'll have to watch her close (between rain showers)

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    She's just a drama queen and wanted the suspense to kill you first. But then you gave up on her laying, so she figured what the heck, I'll give her an egg.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by