Almost a year in the making coop!

As far as security goes all ventilation in the coop is covered with hardware cloth. The main door, pop door and clean out door are latched and secured with carabiners. The run is covered completely with 2x4 dog fence and the bottom half has an extra layer of chicken wire too. Everywhere I could drive an extra staple I did! I’m sure as time passes I’ll add more layers of security but for now I’m pretty confident.

You did yourself proud. Great looking coop and run. I would however suggest you use hardware cloth instead of chicken wire. Raccoons can easily tear through chicken wire and weasels can get through the holes in chicken wire with ease as can snakes and rats.

You did an amazing job! :clap The roof is the part that looks the most complicated to me and why I always felt I could never make my own coop. Yours looks especially sturdy, not sure how you managed that alone either. I'm sure you chickens are very happy with their new home.

You did an amazing job! :clap The roof is the part that looks the most complicated to me and why I always felt I could never make my own coop. Yours looks especially sturdy, not sure how you managed that alone either. I'm sure you chickens are very happy with their new home.
It was a little bit of a pain. Figuring out the angle to cut each rafter took me awhile. After I found the angle I wanted an cut the boards I just joined them together with metal plates and some triangles made out of plywood. To hold them vertically so that I could attach them to the top plate I used the 2x4’s that u see perpendicular to the rafters. It’s hard to explain but anyway it was definitely doable. I spent a lot more time figuring than I did actually working.

Back
Top Bottom