Almost Done with 20x20 run!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ceeceeholt, Sep 7, 2011.

1. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    New run is almost done.....Ran out of good weather and steam [​IMG] BUT, one side is done so the flock can come out after being locked in for a day and a half. This weekend we hope to finish the other side and the inside coop to bring the new babies out [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Each side will be 10x20!!!!!!

2. CherryChick

CherryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Indiana
    Very nice!
    [​IMG]

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Wow! That looks great!

4. pawsplus

pawsplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    Middle TN
    Great job! Looks really nice and very safe! [​IMG]

5. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Holly smokes, How great is that!! Love the size!!

6. ailurophile23

ailurophile23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    VA
    I see it has passed the kitty inspection! [​IMG]

Looks terrific - and STURDY!!! Do you place to cover (or grow a cover) over any of it?

7. AngelzFyre

AngelzFyre Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Pell City, Alabama
    That's awesome!
    Make sure on the other side...(and the big side too if there is any way whatsoever predators can get close to coop), that you run hardware cloth or something similar on the bottom of your runs so they can't stick their heads through and get pulled through the wire. Babies can easily get out of that size wire, unfortunately!

I've got my new ones @2 wks old in a hutch from crittercages and it's with 1inch wire and I had to go back and fashion a strip about 8inches high and as long of hardware cloth because the lil darlings were sticking their heads wayyyyyy out to watch the cats. I'd always had larger chickens in these and didn't even think about it til I saw a line of my 5 cats watching "lil chick head" TV!!! Probably figuring out which one they could snack on first.

8. ChobeeChickenMommy

ChobeeChickenMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    Awesome! [​IMG] I'm jealous! [​IMG] I can't wait til we can redo our "run" in a few weeks! We are building our coop & run from an old dog breeding pin...

9. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Quote:LOL - I wrapped 1 inch chicken wire around my dog pen brooder and same thing - my chicks had NO problems poking their heads through (same age as yours).

OP - that looks fantastic!! It's so nice having an ample run. [​IMG] If you can fanagle it, you might want a people door in-between/connecting the runs too - just a thought...

10. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] EXCELLENT!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by