Almost Done with 20x20 run!!!

ceeceeholt

Songster
8 Years
Aug 17, 2011
Alabama
New run is almost done.....Ran out of good weather and steam
idunno.gif
BUT, one side is done so the flock can come out after being locked in for a day and a half. This weekend we hope to finish the other side and the inside coop to bring the new babies out
clap.gif

103921_p1010048.jpg

103921_p1010047.jpg

103921_p1010046.jpg

Each side will be 10x20!!!!!!

I see it has passed the kitty inspection!
wink.png

Looks terrific - and STURDY!!! Do you place to cover (or grow a cover) over any of it?

That's awesome!
Make sure on the other side...(and the big side too if there is any way whatsoever predators can get close to coop), that you run hardware cloth or something similar on the bottom of your runs so they can't stick their heads through and get pulled through the wire. Babies can easily get out of that size wire, unfortunately!

I've got my new ones @2 wks old in a hutch from crittercages and it's with 1inch wire and I had to go back and fashion a strip about 8inches high and as long of hardware cloth because the lil darlings were sticking their heads wayyyyyy out to watch the cats. I'd always had larger chickens in these and didn't even think about it til I saw a line of my 5 cats watching "lil chick head" TV!!! Probably figuring out which one they could snack on first.

Quote:
LOL - I wrapped 1 inch chicken wire around my dog pen brooder and same thing - my chicks had NO problems poking their heads through (same age as yours).

OP - that looks fantastic!! It's so nice having an ample run.
smile.png
If you can fanagle it, you might want a people door in-between/connecting the runs too - just a thought...

Back
Top Bottom