Almost was killed by a falling chicken... somebody is stupid... me?

lau.gif
You can't make this stuff up!!! In the morning when I let my chickens and 3 turkeys out (I only have a people door) I have to open the door quick and stand aside as they all barrel out like the hounds of hell are after them. The chickens are like little footballs with legs but when the turkeys got big I had to get out of the way or be mowed down. (they are like garbage cans with legs) Add that to the ones who want to beat the runners and fly out - directly at me.
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

No judging here. Kind of funny, though. I had two that kept getting in the tree and after getting a ladder a couple of times etc...they kept going further up the tree. I clipped one wing and no luck, trimmed branches no luck....

FINALLY spraying them with a water hose made them come down and run into the coop. Had to do it a couple of times and now they are not roosting in the tree.

Now if I could get them to lay in the nesting box.....I am still working on that one.

You KNOW that , after the fact, that was funny!!! And aren't you glad no one was watching? I've always been a do it myself kind of girl, as much as possible. Countless times (and I DO mean countless) I've done something and thought "thank God no one is watching!!" except God. And I'm sure he's gotten a few laughs too. Some of the dippy things I've done even amaze me. Hardly a dull moment around my place when I'm at home. And thank goodness my dog can't talk.

Are you kin to me?? LOL

I agree, clip their wings and lock them up for a few days... then make sure you are out in the yard when it starts to get dark and herd them into the coop after a few days they should get the idea.. I have a pool net..it is really big w/ a 15' long pole-not sure if it would actually hold up to the weight of a big chicken but maybe.

Back
Top Bottom