Almost was killed by a falling chicken... somebody is stupid... me?

chickensducks&agoose

Songster
11 Years
Aug 28, 2008
New England.. the cold part.
okay please don't judge. When my birds free-range (which is pretty often unless I've got family staying who object to piles of poop on the steps) I've got 5 of them who refuse to come in at night. 2 Egyptian Fayoumi, 2 white EEs and River, our non-standard salmon faverolle. Anyway, the fayoumi sleep way up in a tree, about 40 or 50 feet up, so I assume they're safe. The other 3 pick a branch about 12 feet off the ground. So every night I get our big rake with the flat edge? like a big ----E with lots of teeth? So I usually poke the flat edge of the rake up in the air, the chickens step onto it, one at a time, and I lift them over to the coop and deposit them inside. anyway, tonight TWO birds, both big fat EEs, climbed on the rake, and then one promptly pushed the other off, who then fell straight down onto my arm and head. I then managed to drop the rake,which fell and hit me on the head too. Yes, I'm klutzy, but wow, I've got deep gouges down my left arm, and my head has a giant lump on it. I know that whoever is at fault is really, really dumb, i just can't decide whether it's me or the birds...

hide.gif
maybe they did it on purpose...

hope you feel better soon!
smile.png

No judgments from ME. I'm just trying not to snicker. I know, that's mean... but it's my first reaction after I know somebody is okay subsequent to a nasty trip & fall.

I am SO glad all my chickens roost in coops! I'd probably be standing on a wobbly chair, using a rake, to get mine out of trees at night, otherwise.

Glad you're mostly okay - hope you heal up fast!

Back
Top Bottom