1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Aloe Vera Juice - Does anyone use it regularly in the water (like ACV)

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Toddrick, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Toddrick

Toddrick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2014
    Indiana
    I was gifted an entire gallon of Aloe juice. Should I add it to water? Does anyone use this on a regular basis or for certain situations? I read that it makes chicks grow faster, so I'll probably at least add it to the chicks water. I'm considering pre-mixing Aloe and apple cider vinegar so I can make it a regular additive. If anyone else uses it, please explain why and if it has any noticeable benefit. I know it is good for skin, but I am interested in internal health.

2. jtn42248

jtn42248 Overrun With Chickens

I can only speak from an human perspective and then only second hand. My mother who is 93 drinks 1 tsp of Aloe mixed with 8 oz of unfiltered Apple Juice each day to help with joint pain. She swears it works and who am I to argue with the wisdom of age. I have used it on small cuts and burns and it really does seem to help. I do know that alone it is an excellent laxative when consumed by humans.

What it will do to your chickens I have no idea but I would suggest a good deal more research before using it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by