Aloha from Manoa's Roost

I have seen this happen occasionally, usually when my rooster is in a really tight spot making the look what a great place I found for an egg noises. I guess that means she likes him?

It happened out in the middle of the run though. It sure did look funny.

If NFC wants to move to AZ, I've got the perfect place to sell them in black canyon city. It has a shaded predator proof run with water & power close by for the fans and misters.
Now all that @N F C has to do is get down here! :gig

With a Wyoming winter coming down the pike, you all are making things very tempting! :lol:

I have seen this happen occasionally, usually when my rooster is in a really tight spot making the look what a great place I found for an egg noises. I guess that means she likes him?

I think that you may be right about her liking him. She was following him around in the coop and run today and then I seen him breed her, so he must like her too!

I think that you may be right about her liking him. She was following him around in the coop and run today and then I seen him breed her, so he must like her too!

That is just too perfect, but then if he’s anywhere near as charming as he is handsome.... of course the girls love him! lol the one I’ve seen the girls try to lay underneath here has awful taste in nest locations... he isn’t the brightest boy in my bunch. “Look at this lovely garbage pile, this ash makes for a beautiful nest” and “hey, hey!!! I found a mud puddle, this is a great place for an egg!” :he
my newest Cockerel addition for the meatie breeding program hasn’t really attracted any girls yet. Something about the wings straight out and full on chase that occurs each morning seems to be putting them off. Of course there is no way any of the flock he is in with can not outrun him with ease. He is developing a small following of two hens and a couple pullets... we will see how it goes.

That is just too perfect, but then if he’s anywhere near as charming as he is handsome.... of course the girls love him! lol the one I’ve seen the girls try to lay underneath here has awful taste in nest locations... he isn’t the brightest boy in my bunch. “Look at this lovely garbage pile, this ash makes for a beautiful nest” and “hey, hey!!! I found a mud puddle, this is a great place for an egg!” :he
my newest Cockerel addition for the meatie breeding program hasn’t really attracted any girls yet. Something about the wings straight out and full on chase that occurs each morning seems to be putting them off. Of course there is no way any of the flock he is in with can not outrun him with ease. He is developing a small following of two hens and a couple pullets... we will see how it goes.

I want to breed Manoa to some buff colored NN's that have yellow leg's and a bit of black in the tail's. All of my NN girl's have either green or dark colored leg's, except for one that I bought a couple of month's ago, but she's too young yet to breed with him. Manoa has yellow leg's, and I want to keep that going in the offspring.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow, so in case you all get busy, I want to say Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

If you are into a custard type pumpkin pie and need to use up some egg's, this recipe uses 12 egg's for 2 pies.

https://homesteadingfamily.com/homemade-pumpkin-pie-recipe-from-scratch/
Mmmmmmm, yummy! And Happy American Thanksgiving! (I like to celebrate both the Canadian and American thanksgivings... more turkey that way ;)) I’m going to be on my own for this one though, so just a chicken breast, dressing/stuffing, green beans, and some roasted potatoes here... nothing too fancy

Back
Top Bottom