Aloha from Manoa's Roost

I had to make a trip to the feed store earlier this afternoon to pick up some more chick feed for those 10 Aloha chick's that I will be picking up tomorrow afternoon. I'm busy getting my brooder ready for them now.

Hope you'll share a picture of the little ones!

Hope you'll share a picture of the little ones!

I will. I just got up a while ago and I'm drinking my coffee trying to get woke up and in gear. It will be hard trying to get the picture though, as when I go in there, they all pile into the box that I put in the brooder under the heat lamp. I know that they have found the water and where the food is at, because the crop's looked pretty full when I checked on them.

Do you breed those to? I would try, not for any particular reason other than seeing how it would look, breeding one Aloha and one Silver Grey Dorking?

The Dorking's have short leg's on them and I'm afraid that Manoa would squish them as big as he is. I have a male Silver Grey Dorking that will be happy with the 7 pullet's that he has. Those girl's should start laying egg's in January.

The Dorking's have short leg's on them and I'm afraid that Manoa would squish them as big as he is. I have a male Silver Grey Dorking that will be happy with the 7 pullet's that he has. Those girl's should start laying egg's in January.
Hmm, that makes sense. Maybe get a brahma hen and try. I feel like that would combination look super good!

Back
Top Bottom