Aloha from Manoa's Roost

I decided to take a few picture's of them today before turning them loose. They move so fast, and I wanted to get a few picture's of the group before the older one's could start the pecking order thing on them. I already gave away one of the cockerel's to someone that wanted one for a flock, so now there are only 9 in the group left.

View attachment 2517823

View attachment 2517826

View attachment 2517827
Wow, these babies really grew up beautiful. Should be laying soon, I bet! How egg-citing!

Should start laying right at 6 months. Please go out before it gets too hot and get some new photos of them! Once they start laying and get the boy's attention he will "ruffle their feathers" ha ha - so I always try and get my "beauty shots" to document my girls right at 5 months old. You'll need those "pretty" pictures later when you're selling chicks and eggs. :)

DSCN1743.JPG

I had to put treats up on the table to get this teenage gal to pose for me! LOL.

View attachment 2592393
I had to put treats up on the table to get this teenage gal to pose for me! LOL.

Yes, food always work's. My lighter red/buff Naked Neck girl's been laying egg's and they gradually getting bigger. She should be ready to have her egg's put in the incubator maybe by the time the Aloha pullet's are ready to start laying.

I put 12 of my best shaped egg's of my Naked Neck hen's in the incubator for the Easter Hatch-a-long that's going on here. They were my girl's that had big enough egg's to do it with.

Back
Top Bottom