Aloha! Late Introduction

HawaiiCoyote

Poultry Thief
Feb 12, 2021
Hawaii Island
Hello BYC peeps!

In the last 4 yrs I have looked to BYC in my times of need as a small chicken farmer,
and I'm just now joining the community

My name is Bella and I currently have a flock of 12!
I live on a three-acre piece of land on the east side of big island of Hawaii. My family and I are currently turning it into a farm, with lots of hard work!

I have always been an animal enthusiast; here are the breeds and animals I have on my land
Hens: 1 RIR - 1 BSL - 2 Australorp - 2 Golden Buff Orpingtons - 2 EE x RIR mixes - 1 EE x Australorp mix - 2 Feral hens
Roosters: 1 Silver Laced English Orpington
Cats: 1 Rescue Cat (unknown breed)
Dogs: 1 Doberman x Blue Heeler x Catahoula mix boy - 1 Pitbull x Rat Terrier x Catahoula girl

edit: ( I have also raised and sold roosters in the past! )

Some of my hobbies are mountain biking, harvesting, gardening, surfing, art, Jiu-jitsu, and chicken hugging!

I'm excited to learn from you all!

Mahalo nui loa!❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

Last edited:
Hi Bella! Nice to get to know more about you! Belated welcome to BYC!
Thanks, Emma! I figured I should share a bit about myself since I plan on being here for a while!❤️
Mahalo Bella, thank you for joining us at BYC, you are very welcome here. :yesss:
This community is super awesome drumstick diva. And SO ARE YOU🤯💜
Welcome to BYC!!
Thanks CluckerFamily! 🤗
Sounds like you have your hands full with all the critters, let alone the farm work. And, you STILL find time for hobbies -- good for you!

Welcome to BYC, Bella. It's good to meet you!
It's good to meet you too! I think I would go nuts without hobbies🤪
Mahalo for the warm welcome!
Hi and welcome to BYC. Chat with other BYC members nearby using the links in my signature, below (turn your phone to landscape to see them).Make yourself at home and enjoy the forums.

Best wishes

Pork Pie
Thank you for the links and best wishes Pork Pie💜💜💜
I'm already starting to feel at home 🥰
Welcome to BYC Bella! Almost everyone in this site shares your hobby of chicken hugging :)
I'm very glad to hear that, chicken hugging takes expertise! hehe
💙💙💙
Welcome to our FUNomenal Community!
:wee
I hope you enjoy it here as much as we do!
I love that little emoji guy!😆✨
As far as I know, I'm enjoying myself a little to much😂
Thank you Chick-N-Fun, it means a lot to me!💛
Hello, Bella, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Ayyyyee it's DobieLover! 🧡
Mahalos! I'm glad I joined too🥰
Hello Bella and welcome to BYC :frow We are so happy you have joined us.
Thank you Grammy!❤️💜❤️💜
Hello, Bella, and a belated welcome to BYC.
Mahalo sourland - I totally look up to you 🤩🖤
Welcome to BYC! I’m so excited to see you joined! This wonderful community of poultry keepers and experts will be very happy to answer whatever questions you may have ☺️
2597B463-677F-4157-AC36-DFECF544032A.png
I really appreciate it @CHlCKEN
the people here are so kind and so smart! I'm really excited to soak up all the amazing information thats in store here😊
:welcome

Thanks for joining us!
Totally!
Hello, Bella, welcome to BackYard Chickens. Thank you for joining our community.
Of course! It's an amazing community, I wouldn't want to miss it! 🤎🤎🤎
Thank you all for the kind words!✨🌼

I missed a couple 🤣
Hehehe heya🤯😂

Hi Bella, welcome to BYC! Wow, your dogs especially the pit are some interesting mixes. I'd love to see pictures of them, your cat, and your flock!
here is a photo of my Pit x Rat terrier x Catahoula x Heeler * I forgot to add heeler in my original post 🤦‍♀️*
image2 (2).jpeg
these are pictures from we got her at the animal sanctuary ( she has gained a little weight since then.) Do you think she has pitty in her? She has an insane lockjaw which makes me think she does, but considering I have only owned five dogs in my life I could easily be wrong. Thank you for the warm welcomes, I will get some more photos of her today!

image1 (8).jpeg image0 (17).jpeg
Her name is "Lily"
Also here is a photo of my dobie mix! His name is "Honua"
IMG_2422.JPG

Back
Top Bottom