Aloha!

kauai_chickens

Chirping
Dec 10, 2018
Aloha. I just moved back to the island of Kauai after taking a 3 year hiatus on the mainland.
We had chickens before I moved away. At one point we had over 2 dozen. Store bought eggs will never compare to what you can get fresh from the coop.
We just adopted 14 hens and 1 Silkie Rooster. All just over a year old.
There are bantams, silkies, barred rock, americaunas and a few other breeds I am not yet sure of.
In kauai there are a lot of wild chickens running around everywhere; at the mall, the beaches, parking lots and of course roosters perched outside my window that like to crow through out the night. You get used to it eventually. My dog knows which chickens are part of the family and which ones dont belong and now that we have our hens shes been great about chasing the wild ones out of our yard and away from the ladies.
I have used this site as a resourse in the past. I am happy to be back.

Hi, I'm new here. I study at university, I like the design. But I adore our farm in the village and spend a lot of time there. In my free time I like to attend cultural events that I find https://best-vegas.com/events-next-14-days/ here and then choose the one I like. There you can find discounts in theaters and on the show. After graduation, I want to live in country side because I love nature. Hope we will be friends.
Hello Daisy Smith.
It would be much better if you started a thread for your own introduction,
It's easy to do and you will get a better response.:)

My sister, who has been to Hawaii several times, always talks about the feral chickens. It sounds amazing. I'm impressed that your dog knows who belongs and who is an intruder.

You are, of course, right about the eggs. Only one of my hens is laying this late into the year, and I am already dreading the idea of buying eggs at the store for a few months. .

Welcome back to BYC and congratulations on adopting your flock!

Back
Top Bottom